Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 Mesh Jacket

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 Mesh Jacket

I have just started riding and this is my first jacket so I am going to mainly comment on looks and fit and not too much on safety. I got the jacket in black and it looks great. I looked at a lot of jackets and and since I wasn't getting paid to advertise I didn't want to look like a NASCAR driver. The logo's arent that prominent and the large one is on your back. From a distance you can't tell the jacket is mesh, unless you are wearing a white shirt underneath, and the shoulders are actually leather. The fit is good and it has enough adjustments that you can get a tight fit when on the bike and loosen it up a bit when you get off.

The number one feature I really like are the adjustable straps on the elbow pads. Some of the other jackets I tried on the elbow pads seemed to be hit or miss on correct positioning and comfort. With the elastic adjustable straps you can 'lock' them in the correct postion and still have movement.

The second feature I liked was the 'upgrade-ability'. The jacket is under $200 and offers good protection but only has a spine pad. For me starting out in parking lots I don't need the extra expense of a full protector on top of all the other equipment I needed. If I am going to fall it will be on my elbows or shoulders. But when I move to the street I can spend the extra money ($85) and actually purchase the full spine protection and put in in the jacket.

The jacket stays cool even at my progressive 25 mph and isn't too bad unless you stop for 5 minutes. The liner isn't great but it will keep the rain off you. If riding in the rain or colder weather a lot you should consider a different jacket.

My biggest complaints about the jacket are there is no close at the top of the jacket to cover the zipper pull (but I haven't gone fast enough to see if it will unzip) and that there are snaps on the cuffs. The cuffs actually have zippers, snaps, and velcro. I wouldn't mind the zippers with a velcro adjustment at the cuff that covered the pull but with the addition of a snap it is just one more thing to scratch your tank with.

Overall good jacket for the money.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To answer to question of the zipper coming down at speed, it can if you leave the zipper pull down more than 6". I found out the hard way when I got on the highway, and the next thing I know, it's loose and flapping in the wind like a cape. :D

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a Joe Rocket jacket...I don't know what kind but it has all the body armor and it's pretty light and breathes nice. I think I gave 165 for mine.