Frame sliders and new screen for 07 S2

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering buying some frame sliders and also swing arm crash bobbins ... (please forgive me if my terminology is incorrect :p)

Am I right in thinking the 06 fz6 ones will fit my 07 fz6 ?

Also has anyone any pics of double bubble screens for the 07 model ?

Thanks JC

:Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering buying some frame sliders and also swing arm crash bobbins ... (please forgive me if my terminology is incorrect :p)

Am I right in thinking the 06 fz6 ones will fit my 07 fz6 ?

Also has anyone any pics of double bubble screens for the 07 model ?

Thanks JC

:Sport:
Hi Mate, Eviloliv3 has posted some excellent pics in .Frame Sliders "How To"
Eviloliv3

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you getting the genuine Yamaha frame sliders or aftermarket? I got the OEM Yamaha sliders..they mount on a bracket which mounts to the frame/engine mount. It puts the sliders about 3" lower than the aftermarket ones that screw directly into the engine mount. I guess that gives even more "tip-over" protection.
They're expensive though...

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you getting the genuine Yamaha frame sliders or aftermarket? I got the OEM Yamaha sliders..they mount on a bracket which mounts to the frame/engine mount. It puts the sliders about 3" lower than the aftermarket ones that screw directly into the engine mount. I guess that gives even more "tip-over" protection.

Basically what I want is a good product that is also a good price. .. Yamaha tend to be a bit steep on their genuine goods !! I paid £185 for a lower sub cowel !! aprox $370 ... :( for a bit of plastic lol ...

Any ideas folks ??

Also anyone changed their screen on the 07 Fz6 yet ??

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site

I bought some after market ones from a Yamaha dealer yesterday. They had the genuine Yamaha variety on thee offset bracket, dealer said not to touch then as they were prone to break on impact & dig in to the engine cases they were supposed to be protecting. Bought the ones he recomended for 20 quid less - suppose I should have posted some pics. I'll work on that.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some after market ones from a Yamaha dealer yesterday. They had the genuine Yamaha variety on thee offset bracket, dealer said not to touch then as they were prone to break on impact & dig in to the engine cases they were supposed to be protecting. Bought the ones he recomended for 20 quid less - suppose I should have posted some pics. I'll work on that.
What make are they? Pics would be good to.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

Make, price supplier and pics would be terrific :Flash: :Sport:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
What make are they? Pics would be good to.

Couldn't work out how to upload the pics to here so they are in the gallery. Not sure how you access them; probably by viewing my gallery or use search keywords LHS (& RHS) After market frame sliders.

I looked at the box they came in & there is no makers detail. I got them from Alf England MotorCycles - Alf England Motorcycles, New and Used Yamaha Motorcycles, Warwickshire, UK

If you look at the RHS photo carefully, you'll see the oil pump cover (pick up rotor cover in the States) is all scratched. This is the reason for visiting the dealership in the first place to get replacement parts and also for fitting the frame sliders!

Got to go back to the shop this week to pick up parts, I'll find out who makes them.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't work out how to upload the pics to here so they are in the gallery. Not sure how you access them; probably by viewing my gallery or use search keywords LHS (& RHS) After market frame sliders.

I looked at the box they came in & there is no makers detail. I got them from Alf England MotorCycles - Alf England Motorcycles, New and Used Yamaha Motorcycles, Warwickshire, UK

If you look at the RHS photo carefully, you'll see the oil pump cover (pick up rotor cover in the States) is all scratched. This is the reason for visiting the dealership in the first place to get replacement parts and also for fitting the frame sliders!

Got to go back to the shop this week to pick up parts, I'll find out who makes them.

Thanks Phil ... much appreciated ;)

I'll take a look at their site ...

Nice bike by the way :)

Would look better in blue :thumbup:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Phil ... much appreciated ;)

I'll take a look at their site ...

The site is pretty poor, but it does give contact details

Nice bike by the way :)

Why, Thank You

Would look better in blue :thumbup:

Why would I enter into a tawdry debate, when it is clear that the Gunmetal option is unparalleled in grace & style and surpasses the more common varieties with consummate ease? :D

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Just just got in my motovation frame sliders. I believe these go in the upper engine mount holes. Does anyone know the torque figures for this bolt?

Glenn