For the '04-06 thinking about '07 fairing...

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
I crashed my '07 back in february and while i had some "down time" i took everything off to see how it compared... heres my thread from another board...

well got the peg from the dealership and put it on. while i was in there i took off the front fairing and headlights. unfortunatly in the accident, the shock broke 3 of the 4 mounting points on the headlight assembly, so ill need that as well. i took a bunch of pictures of the mounting brackets for the fairing and gauge cluster connector and wiring harness. ill put those pics on tomorrow.

i was wondering if someone with an 04-06 could put up the part number of the wire harness for the headlight and gauge cluster. the part number is on the left hand side of the bike, tucked behind the left turn signal. if the part numbers are the same, then there shouldnt be any reason (other than mounting) as to why it wouldnt be plug and play

Edit: Sorry it took so long for photos...

biketornapart1mediumzn4.jpg

Here is the inside of the fairing. I havent seen the inside of a 04-06. so if somebody who has removed it can chime in to see if its similar... The headlights are the same. they use the same part number as previous years.
img72501mediumyv5.jpg

Here is the bracket to where the rear part of the fairing mounts to.
img72481mediumxp8.jpg

Here is the back of the new cluster. is it the same mounting as the older gauges?
img72451mediumal9.jpg

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the part number of the wiring harness for the headlights, front signals and the gauge cluster
img72441mediumbu6.jpg

Here is the connector that goes into the back of the cluster
img72431mediumex3.jpg

AND since the fairing mounts to the headlight and 04-07 headlights are same (same part number) then the '07 will fit right up. might have to notch where the gauge cluster goes if you are considering keeping the pre '07 cluster, though i put in pics of the part numbers and connector incase you feel like getting one to wire up

B

bellafazer

crash damaged s2 fazer

thanks for the very good article and pictures of your poor bike,hope it's back in one piece now. mine fell over in my garage over xmas! unbelievable what gets damaged when it goes over. i need a new fairing new rear side panel new bar end, and new r&g crash protector,iv'e got the parts for it now the fairing alone cost £167 pounds and rear panel over £30. the moral is be very carefull moving your bike in a small space,especially when moving bike when it's on it's side stand on the opposite side of bike, i won;t do that again .i suspect that many of us have done it at one time or another,ride safely everyone.

vseekles

Vincent
Reaction score
Visit site
Could you please put up those pics of the part number for the front wiring harness again (of simply just the number itself)? Cheers man!