Londoners with Yamaha's - READ THIS

Lt_Red

Reaction score
Visit site
If you dont read londonbikers.com, then I thought I had better bring this to your attention:

West London Yamaha

Disgracefull. Avoid these cowboys at West London Yamaha.

I bought my bike from there, they will not be seeing it again. Its 12k service due next month and is going elsewhere.

Red

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Just to let you know - the same guy owns West London Suzuki as well. I know because when I was looking at bikes I test rode a GSX650F before deciding on the Fazer. When I actually went back to buy the FZ, the sales guy from the Suzuki dealer was in the Yamaha shop. He remembered me from there and we started chatting about how both dealers are owned by the same guy. Beware.

Lt_Red

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info Doorag, surprised me, the guys in WLSuzuki were really nice to me! I guess the people who run the shop dont nessesarily reflect those that own it ;)

On another note I'm unsure where to take my bike for its service now. I guess it has to be yamaha to retain the warranty. Has anyone used the Yammy dealer in Shepherds bush?

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They don't hold back on the name and shame bit at London bikers. I remember reading a real shame thread about metropolis at vauxhall.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
check out page 2 of that thread for pics of what the guy found when he dropped in on em without tellin em...

disgraceful....

and you guys call yourself a civilized country!!

lol jk i wish i lived there too :(

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha this thread is so entertaining, its like a real life soap opera, its got it all....drama, tension, characters haha wild.

i kind of feel like going to the dealership just to ask for autographs...

Lt_Red

Reaction score
Visit site
I was shocked at some of the replies by WLY employee's. Since then the (clearly under the cosh) mechanic has come on and spoken some sense, and the manager (who is undoubtedly being restrained judging by how hes has treated some people) but I think the damage is done.

I'll be avoiding them.

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info Doorag, surprised me, the guys in WLSuzuki were really nice to me! I guess the people who run the shop dont nessesarily reflect those that own it ;)

On another note I'm unsure where to take my bike for its service now. I guess it has to be yamaha to retain the warranty. Has anyone used the Yammy dealer in Shepherds bush?

Yea I have used the one is Shepherd's Bush but it was only for checking up my bike when I bought from some one. I felt that the mechanic was very helpful.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
gotta love the crank on the floor. thats special..... Looks like a back garage shop round here. only difference is it wasn't a dirt floor. amazing thing is people take machines to them to save a lil money, yet they don't warrenty their work and we end up getting it all blown up.... but yeah I would have walked in there and said congrats you just bought my bike for retail now give me a check and im outta here!

FZ6S2LDN

Reaction score
Visit site

I have bought my last 2 yammie from the sheperds bush dealer. Found their technical knowledge very helpful. However ordering parts seemed to take an eternity, took 2 and a half weeks to get my fly screen. Also they have a "service charge" for your first service. If you get any work on the bike, make sure you tell them exactly what you want done,and if anything what you dont want. Also my first service on my 08 FZ6 S2 cost me £120!!!! Wont be going there for another service.