what gear do you wear? pics or model names plz.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you have pics of your own or from google all the better. if not just post model names for what u wear when u ride. if you want to provide a brief snippet about it and how you feel about it all the better.

i'll start:

Icon Airframe helmet: very good airflow, never fogs over 20kph, very comfy, matt black rubberized looks super cool. DOT and SNELL approved:
b0bfe96dbcb755a8f96581c91d24cf27_rough.jpg

Dark Smoke Proshield: looks badass and blocks the sun.
icon_shield_pro_drksmoke_300.JPG

Icon Motorhead All black leather jacket: very high-grade leather, looks badass, comfortable fit. lots of venting from 4 slots. when ur moving you dont feel warm even on plus 30 celcius days...when youre moving.
320x320-FULL.jpg

Knox Chest/Back Protectors: (read my other thread on them) but they wrap around you very comfy fit under my jacket super super super super protective for your MOST VITAL AREA (after ur head obviously)
IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Icon Arc Mesh pants (with jeans underneath): an extra protective layer over jeans without ANY extra heat. they are ALL mesh.
9ab1524c782006b3fe1ffe24542318ca_rough.jpg

Icon Field Armour Knee/Shin protectors: (because the ones in the pants are flimsy and dont cover the shin, and there is a risk they could move when you need them in place)
Field_Armor_Knee_Shin_Image.jpg

Sidi Vertigo Air Boots: (they look super sexy under the pants. they can ALMOST pass for normal dress shoes with the top of them covered by your pants. but the amazing part? THEY ARE COMFORTABLE AS HELL!!!!! i have spent 6 hours in em walking around even, and they are comfy as hell). SIDI PWNS!!! also they have amazing venting.
76f100b01e5305cfde26595d5ef8b982_rough.jpg

That is pretty much max protection possible except for a neck brace and hip/tailbone protectors. but neck brace imo was over the top and could restrict proper bike management. hip/tailbone protectors one day Ill buy pants with them incorporated. in the meantime i dont want an extra pair of underwear.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
My Helmet is a Shark RSI Shuriken White Silver. I am very happy with it. Had some fogging initially but with members suggestions that has been resolved. Fit is good along with comfort.

View attachment 5613

Jacket is an Icon ARC Textile. Its a mix of leather and textile with good venting and is comfortable.

View attachment 5614

Gloves are also Icon the Merc Short. They needed some break in time but they now feel extremely comfortable.

View attachment 5615

Next purchase is a Dark smoked Shield for my Helmet and a set of Sidi B2 boots.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good call on going for the boots. it is a very important piece of gear most people overlook. a lot of injuries are foot injuries that could have been prevented.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of gear...depending on the season and what I'm doing. This is my everyday gear.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my mesh jacket and track gear.

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It would take me too long to list...lol

My street suit is wearing out though; I think I'm gonna reaplace is with a SHIFT racing 2 piece suit (I think the pants are called Havoc and I want a perf leather jacket that zips into them).

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ur links arent in proper format. proper format starts with http:// and ends with .jpg or .gif or whatever. that is USUALLY the normal format. u might be able to make it work with the %3A stuff but u need to cut out the extra stuff there before and including the ** i think. or else go to the pic and right click on it and hit "copy image location" and paste that in and it will work

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Helmet: HJC CL-15

HJC-150-60.jpg

Jacket: Tourmaster Intake

h_k5_white_dark_silver.jpg

Gloves: Cortech (Tourmaster) Scarab R.R.

h_q1_black_black.jpg

Boots: Tourmaster WP Roadboots

h_lm_black.jpg

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
The good:
Scorpion EXO 700 - Well made, comfortable padding, lots of functional vents, have yet to get fogged, several positions on visor, easy visor switch (I have a dark smoked one), light. It is a bit loud though.
SH01-025-04-00-2.jpg

ICON Motorhead in white/black - Already took a fall on this jacket at ~35 mph into gravel. Some small scratches on it, still looks great. Good protection, good venting up to 90*, removable CE padding, removable liner.
2007_Icon_Motorhead_Jacket.jpg

Icon Merc Gloves Short - Tough, comfortable, well vented.
b08bca365632a6d43e63dde46537cb07_ro.jpg

The not so good:
HJC CL-15 - Heavy, feels clunky, pointless visor positions put it in the line of sight when half open, mediocre venting, PIA visor switch. I do like the visor lock though.
0699c7120b7bafd354c672e116545401_re.jpg

Scorpion Stingers - Wore out from normal riding in two weeks! The leather fell apart, the stitching came out, and I got a blister on my knuckle from the "protection."
8df44798b6c51e11cd80fe8c9e9f9f86_re.jpg

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here go's.

For Sport Riding, and when it's not wet, i prefer leather over textile where possible.

I have an RJays X2 Leather Jacket.

View attachment 5649
A beautiful matte black finished leather, double stitched jacket!
100% A-Grade drum dyed race weight leather
3M Scotchlite reflex material highlights
CE Approved, moulded plastic reinforced shoulder and elbow armour
Removable Back Protector
4 air vent zipper openings
Perforated leather down the inside of arms & around base of sleeves
Stretch panels around the top of shoulders & down the sides of jacket
Removable inner quilted vest
Zip to pants

I have matching RJays leather Diablo pants.
View attachment 5650
A beautiful matte black finished leather, double stitched pant!
100% A-Grade drum dyed race weight leather
CE Approved, moulded plastic reinforced adjustable knee/shin armour
Padded hips
Knee Sliders
Stretch Lycra laminated with Terry Towel inserts behind the knees and down the leg for added comfort and cooling
Zip in base of leg opening
Stretch panels across back of waist, along tops of knee & down the sides of pants
3M Scotchlite reflex material highlights
Zip to jacket
2 pockets

And a pair of water-resistant Falco 330 axis boots.

View attachment 5651
Moulded heel protector
High-tex water-resistant membrane
Shock-absorbing wedge on heel bottom
Abs internal shin plate

For short city runs, i have a pair of RJays speed boots.

View attachment 5653
Thermal lining
Waterproof lining
Abrasion resistant trim, with gear & brake lever protection

My Helmet is a HJC AC-12 Carbon.

View attachment 5652
Carbon Fiber Composite Weave Shell: Extremely lightweight. Superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology.
AccuSight™Anti-fog Faceshield: Optically superior 3D design provides 95% UV protection and an anti-scratch coating.
RapidFire™ Shield Replacement System: Quick, secure, tool-less removal and installation.
2-stage Shield Closure Mechanism: Compresses shield into the eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal.

3rd-Generation “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.

AquaTrans® Moisture-wicking Interior: Comfortable, removable and washable.

SNELL/DOT Approved

My Gloves are Dragon Skins

I also have thermal inner gloves for winter riding.

I also have Dririder thermal pants & shirt, and an RJays thermal neck warmer.

For winter riding i have

Dririder Summit Pro pants.

100% water-proof
Adjustable air vents
Zip out thermal lining
Zip out water & wind proof lining
CE approved removable knee pads
built in hip & buttock foam padding
Kevlar stiiching
Stretch panels at knee.

Clover Tecnorally WP rally Jacket.

This jacket is 6 years old, so i dont have an up to date photo, but i have included a photo of a similar Clover Jacket.

Has
Removable thermal liner
Full armour - back, shoulders, elbows.
100% Waterproof
A million pockets!

All my gear works brilliantly, and i would never jump on the bike without it. It is amazing how far bike riding gear has moved forward over the years, we are bleessed for choice, great prices, and get a high standard of protection that was unheard of 15 years ago.

I used to hate riding in the rain & cold, these days apart from having to clean my bike, i dont have a problem with it, cause my gear keeps me warm & dry.

And as for my leathers, the fit is perfect, and with great protection, i always feel secure in the knowledge that if i do come off, i am as well protected as my budget will allow.

:rockon:

Last edited:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for an upgrade to the gloves. This is my spring/summer gear, I don't typically ride in the winter but when it gets cool I wear a regular leather jacket, with thick quilting. I am looking for a well vented leather jacket for riding in spring and summer.

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Jacket
RevIt Ignition Leather/Textile. Arms are full leather (with bicep vents). Chest and back are kevlar mesh. It's a 3-season jacket with zip-in rain liner and thermal liners. It's great when it's 40 and when it's 95. I really like the multi-purpose jacket, especially in new england where a single day can be 40F at 8am and 75F at 3pm, and then have a thunderstorm at 5pm.
ignition%20syh.jpeg

Helmet
HJC CL15. Generic cheap black helmet, clear visor and dark smoke visor. Dark smoke visor looks almost black. It was the only helmet I found to fit me really well, the fact that it was < $100 was a bonus. I may try a better vented HJC in the future.
hjc-cl15-black_tn.jpg

Pants
FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Textile overpants. Textile mesh with a zip-in rain liner. Foam padded hips, knees. Full-length zippers make them easy to use without removing boots. It's so nice to be able to motorcycle somewhere, zip off the pants+boots and just have shorts and sandals.
Default.jpg

Gloves
RevIt leather summer gloves.I think they were called "monster". They are leather, have solid knuckles with vents, and look pretty badass.
tn_rev08-102.jpg

Boots
Harley Davidson Brake Buckle. Has a zipper down the side for easy removal, buckle across the top to hold the laces, and a metal heel ring, which works well for pulling them on and for locking them to the bike.
HD-W91684-04-y.psd.jpg

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Ok, here goes.

Airoh Warrior helmet:

Airoh_warrior.jpg

BUT I'm buying one of these as soon as I can. :)

brr.jpg

Frank Thomas Sprint Aqua Jacket (I have the red one pictured)

sprint_aqua.jpg

Frank Thomas Strike Titanium Aqua Trousers

279x274-FTW237_R.jpg

SIDI Evo Boots - I got these second-hand from a guy in my old office who stopped riding. He had been wearing them for a couple of years and I've had them about a year as well. They are just starting to leak in very heavy rain so I need to get a new pair soon. With all the rain in the UK I'll probably just get another pair of these. They are a bit warm in the summer, but not too bad.

sidi_black_rain_boot.jpg

Racer brand 'Sting' gloves - these rock! (I have to admit that I took a black permanent marker and covered over the 'racer' bit on the gloves. I thought it was a bit goofy.)

2006082314570270101.jpg

Last edited: