Nail at 400mi - D220 as replacement?

FrankZappa6

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a nail in my rear at under 400 miles on my '08 :( Not necessarily wanting to replace both at such low mileage, I ordered what I thought would be the closest match to the D252's that came on the bike - a D220. I ordered it from my desk at work, and there is a lot more tread pattern on the D220 than I thought there would be when compared to the D252. It's giving me second thoughts about how well it is suited to this bike. I don't have alot of road experience so my riding style is not real aggressive, but I'm developing and don't want a piece of plastic either. What do you think of this tire as a replacement? Should I keep it or go for something different?

Dunlop TireD220

Cheers!

FrankZappa6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not meaning to bump my won thread, but I thought a pic might tell the story and let me test the file upload feature on this forum. If it shows up, the D220 is on the left.

Best to ya!

ps - don't laugh at my chicken strips - I've only got 400 miles on this bike!!!:Sport:

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Many manufacturers sell tires as "sets" because of the way they designed the front to work with the rear etc. I think it would be more of an issue on wet roads because of how the front tire channels the water. This being said, I know many folks who run different models (and brands) on each end with no issues. I myself, do not ever mix tires. Just my preference. Here is a link with some info: Care and Feeding of Motorcycle Tires