Fuel Injector Cleaner/Fuel Filter

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I was used to regularly putting in a bottle of Fuel Injector Cleaner in my Truck. Is it a good idea to do this with my 07 FZ6? Also is there a fuel filter I have to change or worry about?

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I run some through about every 5 tanks or so. Just make sure it's proportionate for tank size. Example, I wouldn't run a whole bottle if it says on the label "treats 25 gallons". Measure it out. BTW, I use the Lucas Injector Cleaner.

sFoster

new rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I run some through about every 5 tanks or so. Just make sure it's proportionate for tank size. Example, I wouldn't run a whole bottle if it says on the label "treats 25 gallons". Measure it out. BTW, I use the Lucas Injector Cleaner.

My idle isn't very smooth.. a friend of mine suggested the fuel injector might be to blame. I'm going to give this a try!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Techron (made by Chevron) also makes a good fuel additive.. I use both that and Seafoam on occassion for preventive maintainance.

As for the fuel filter, its in the gas tank attached to the fuel pump.. No need to mess with it unless your running out of fuel with a full tank....

Silver05

Reaction score
Visit site
Techron (made by Chevron) also makes a good fuel additive

The Chevron Complete Fuel System Cleaner is a great product. I've used it in my cars and trucks periodically for years. But I just saw the Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment on a counter the other day and tried it, and it seems to work well, too. Both clean more than just injectors; valves and combustion chamber, too.

Like mentioned above, make sure you put the right amount in; most bottles are for a car-sized fuel tank...