How much safety gear do you wear?

How much safety gear do you wear EVERY RIDE ?

• No Gear

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Helmet Only

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Helmet and Gloves

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Helmet, Gloves, Boots

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Helmet, Gloves, Boots, Jacket

Votes: 138 55.0%
  • Full Gear - Head to Toe

Votes: 86 34.3%

• Total voters
W

wrightme43

I used to wear all of it all of the time. I have for some stupid reason taken to riding without armoured pants around town. I dont know why. If I go anywhere I put them on, its just such a hassle to put them on, and then take them off for a 8 minute ride to town.

I do always wear a full face, gloves, jacket, over the ankle boots and jeans.
Almost always full face, gloves, jacket, riding boots, jeans and riding overpants.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the same! But by the time you've got the rest of your gear on, it would take what, a whole minute more to put armoured trousers on. I nearly said pants then, but in the UK pants are what you wear under your trousers. I'm guessing you can buy armoured pants over here, but it would probably be from a fetish shop ;)

vizzz

Reaction score
Visit site
my option is missing:
helmet, gloves and jacket...but here now is so hot that sometime i don't wear gloves :eek:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Although the knees are one of the first items to hit the road in a crash (been there, know what I'm talking about), I ride my bike with helmet, Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0 jacket with armour, JR armoured gloves and Alpenstars boots, but without proper knee protection most of the time, just wearing jeans. On a long trip, or when the weather starts to cool, I intend to wear my brand new Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 overpants with knee armour. (Yes...I know...I should be wearing them all the time when riding).

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the same! But by the time you've got the rest of your gear on, it would take what, a whole minute more to put armoured trousers on. I nearly said pants then, but in the UK pants are what you wear under your trousers. I'm guessing you can buy armoured pants over here, but it would probably be from a fetish shop ;)
Do you have the address? LOL I wear full face helmet, gloves, armoured jacket and over the ankle boots. For my work commute I always wear my bike jeans. They have extra padded areas in the hips and knees. Is there a difference between purpose made jeans and armoured trousers?

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if any of you have seen this but the first time you see it you're gonig to say OMG. The second time you watch it you'er going to fall out of your chair laughing.[nomedia]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLpnE2-4az0[/nomedia] Stuper Squid!:rockon:

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say, as dumb as this guy is, at least he was wearing a helmet!

Really though, I think he deserved to lose a lot more skin than he did :Im With Stupid:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
OUCH
I parked at a local bike shop/cafe last Sunday and some fella on a Ninja 10 rode up in shorts kawasaki t-shirt and trainers on ... Not a good example to be setting for new riders ... Fantastic bike though !!! :D

Thankfully I have more sense !!! :p

I did hear a few of the old boys sat around calling him brainless lol

:Sport: <--------- by the way ... where's his helmet :Flash:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Full helmet, gloves, leather boots, jeans.

No jacket. :(

I'm 6'5", so I had to special order a jacket (Tourmaster Intake mesh) on 5 July, they said "7 to 10 days". I called them last week, still hadn't seen it, they said, "early August". They called back and left a message, "now, end of August".

I don't mind riding around my 30-mph neighborhood without a jacket, but my MSF course finally meets next week, and I'm going to want to start driving to work and stuff after that. Poop. :(

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
i always ride with helmet, gloves and jeans.

its super hot out here in Arizona. so far this summer i havent worn the jacket, once the temps drop down ill start wearing it again

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys...jeans are not going to be any use to you if you fall off. Take a look at RIDE magazine's test of gear on this site:Ride Triangles - Tells it like it is

Jeans will rip and your skin will be left behind all in one second of hitting the road. This of course only applies to jeans that have not been designed for motorcycle use (padding, armour etc...)

I will only leave the house with my boots, armoured textile bottoms and jacket, kevlar/gortex gloves, Shoei XR1000 helmet, back protector and a reflective vest.

I have never gone out with anything less...I have cop-on and cherish my body...the road aint getting it.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I always wear full gear. That's probably the reason I don't do many "half a mile for a coffee" -rides. But it's worth it if I can still have my own original skin when I'm 80.