Motivational team talks........

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0c19-iR5to[/nomedia]

England are renowned for snatching defeat from certain victory. This is an excellent and very funny film. Even if you don't like soccer it is good.

I have to got to a team meeting tomorrow WTF, may get the hair dryer treatment lol. Any motivational speeches gladly welcome.

Nelly

PS anything to serious will be deleted:ban:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got into work one day and first thing you do is check your email. So there was one from my boss, all it said was "see me". He could see me through his office window. That was a good motivational talk.

:rof:

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know of a story where a guy at work a few years back, came in a little worse for wear, sat at his desk, logged on to have an "anon" email which said " Your in the ***t, big style"

Thinking who and why should one send him this (despite the fact he was not a fave with everyone else in the office as he was lazy, unkempt and .. had an odour issue) he continued to work (well that that's what he called it)

Later, his office colleagues, fed up with the ambiance emanating from his desk in the corner, approached him with menacing tones and surgical masks demanding he went home there and then.

Realising all was lost and that discretion was the better part or valour, he stood up, took his coat from his chair and in turning his back to the now rabid crowd, he was aware of an outburst of audible and very real retching and expletives coming from them.

In turning to face his nemesis’s he was shocked to learn that he really was in the ***t, as someone from the weekend had placed a dollop of excrement under the cover of his seat.

I think his issues were resolved that day and he benefited, somewhat alternative motivational technique!! :eek:

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Ooooooh, that's not nice. They could have been a bit more subtle about it, leave a bar of soap and some deoderant on his desk or something.

So there was one from my boss, all it said was "see me". He could see me through his office window

Did you send a reply: "Yes. I can."?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you send a reply: "Yes. I can."?

My boss was feared by most, he had reduced people to tears :eek:. But actually he was very fair and supportive. Once one of my mail servers went do llaly over the weekend; in those days we were charged by the message for X.400 messages, so this sever kept sending out a message and then resending it. racked up £10,000 :D. I told him immediately I got in, he was fine took it in his stride. He told me years later it was the fact I told him as soon as I knew was why he was cool. If I had just left it stewing he would have gone off the deep end.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know of a story where a guy at work a few years back, came in a little worse for wear, sat at his desk, logged on to have an "anon" email which said " Your in the ***t, big style"

Thinking who and why should one send him this (despite the fact he was not a fave with everyone else in the office as he was lazy, unkempt and .. had an odour issue) he continued to work (well that that's what he called it)

Later, his office colleagues, fed up with the ambiance emanating from his desk in the corner, approached him with menacing tones and surgical masks demanding he went home there and then.

Realising all was lost and that discretion was the better part or valour, he stood up, took his coat from his chair and in turning his back to the now rabid crowd, he was aware of an outburst of audible and very real retching and expletives coming from them.

In turning to face his nemesis’s he was shocked to learn that he really was in the ***t, as someone from the weekend had placed a dollop of excrement under the cover of his seat.

I think his issues were resolved that day and he benefited, somewhat alternative motivational technique!! :eek:
I would call that a motivational team building event LOL.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My boss was feared by most, he had reduced people to tears :eek:. But actually he was very fair and supportive. Once one of my mail servers went do llaly over the weekend; in those days we were charged by the message for X.400 messages, so this sever kept sending out a message and then resending it. racked up £10,000 :D. I told him immediately I got in, he was fine took it in his stride. He told me years later it was the fact I told him as soon as I knew was why he was cool. If I had just left it stewing he would have gone off the deep end.
Your Boss was just glad that it was not higher than your bar bill LOL.

Nelly

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Years back I had to sit near a fairly large person who was lacking in hygene. Nah, no beating around the bush here, he was a big, fat, smelly slob. His smell was pukeworthy.

It took the work of minutes to make a wallpaper for his computer with the text,"Please shower on a daily basis."

Problem solved.