2007 FZ6 Fork Adjustment help

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
heres the jist, Yesterday, I was trying to adjust my front forks by rising them up (lowering the front end) but when i took off the front fairing, and the bolts that are holding them in place, they are not moving. (discription:

Heres the front forks ~~~> ||-||

and it has a bar/ring holding the frame and the forks in place. I can get the frame/front end to lower. Does anyone Have any suggestions or tricks that will help me out. All help is welcome :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
heres the jist, Yesterday, I was trying to adjust my front forks by rising them up (lowering the front end) but when i took off the front fairing, and the bolts that are holding them in place, they are not moving. (discription:

Heres the front forks ~~~> ||-||

and it has a bar/ring holding the frame and the forks in place. I can get the frame/front end to lower. Does anyone Have any suggestions or tricks that will help me out. All help is welcome :)

Its really pretty easy and you can do it all without removing any parts. All you need to do it prop the from of the bike up, a 1 gallon paint can under the header works well. Then loosen the top clamp bolts and the lower triple clamp bolts. You don't need to back them all the way out. Then you simply slide the fork up.

Question - Do you have stiffer springs in? If not I wouldn't recommend this change if you are over 155 to 160 pounds. The stock springs are very soft and the front end settles a lot when you sit on the bike. Now if you have Race Tech or others, you can slip them up 1/4" to 3/4" depending on what you like. The reason is the aftermarket springs don't sag the way the stock ones do. If you do this with the stock springs you have a better chance of bottoming out.

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
All I used was the center stand.

Simple and easy, but beware... one side at a time!

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so if I do adjust my front fork then my only concern will be bottoming out????

This is a pic of how much I've adjusted my forks.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so if I do adjust my front fork then my only concern will be bottoming out????

This is a pic of how much I've adjusted my forks.

That's a way too much... I would not recommend more than a half of inch to three quarter of an inch with the stock springs. You are going to bottom out with that much adjusted....

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
I lowered mine about 1-1/2". I weigh about 165 and it hasn't bottomed out once and the fender hasn't hit the radiator or the fairing. I did it to put clip on handlebars on. :thumbup:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The reason that I'm asking about "problems" with my adjustment is that I haven't encountered any yet. I've tested it pretty rigorously and I just can't get it to bottom out. I weigh 225lbs and was concerned.

To answer reiobard's questions no it isn't a height issue and no I haven't lowered my rear shock any. I'm actually trying to raise my rear to give it an even more aggressive look.