Is your FZ6 Perfect?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has your bike ever been down, knocked down, or received any scratches from hitting the pavement, wall, curb, etc. Or is it still like brand new like it left the dealership? I have to admit, today I thought my kickstand was down, well, you know the rest.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

I dropped mine at a walking pace at the treetops in N.C. 1/4 dollar sized scratch on the upper fairing, light scratch on mirror, and frame protector. Bent the peg feeler to the point that I removed it.

I have three stickers on it now, so rock chips and such, a few scratches on the tank from stuff, a few spots on the upper fairing from bug guts. Thats about it so far.

Difference between bikes and cars?
Bikes fall down.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my '07 used, with 1,300 miles on it. The previous owner said he'd never laid it down, and it looked immaculate.
When I finally got my frame sliders and went to install them, I noted the frame around the hole where the sliders attach was actually scuffed up a bit, nothing big, probably left the kickstand up as Vegasrider mentioned. Once I tightened the sliders down, the scuff was completely hidden, so I'm gonna say its immaculate again. Just washed it this morning for the first time, so I went over it pretty closely and it looks great!

Question: Actually, I'm gonna start a separate thread, how do you wash your bike?

Ironhide

Reaction score
Visit site
Orderd frame sliders Tuesday, dropped bike Wednesday, frame sliders arrived Thursday. Upper fairing scratched replacement cost $42, clutch lever bent replacement $31, engine scratched paint $30. If i only would have waited 1 day. :Im With Stupid:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was until today. I took a 250 mile ride, and when I got home I had a tiny dent in my tank where my crotch is. I guess I got a hard on and dented it. I have no idea how it happened, but would love to know.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Orderd frame sliders Tuesday, dropped bike Wednesday, frame sliders arrived Thursday. Upper fairing scratched replacement cost $42, clutch lever bent replacement $31, engine scratched paint $30. If i only would have waited 1 day. :Im With Stupid:
Owwwwch!!! :(:(:(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was until today. I took a 250 mile ride, and when I got home I had a tiny dent in my tank where my crotch is. I guess I got a hard on and dented it. I have no idea how it happened, but would love to know.

LOL...Can't stop laughing.....:Flash:

On another subject from Botch, hard to believe that an upper fairing would only cost $42?

VEGASRIDER

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah yes, the old kick stand trick. Me too. I felt like such a doofus when I did it. I had to touch up a 1 in by 1 in spot on the crank case cover. It would have been worse but I sacrificed some skin to keep the damage low. I was like a lot of people and thought "Well, gald to get that out of the way. Now I don't have to worry about getting a scratch on it."lol

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has your bike ever been down, knocked down, or received any scratches from hitting the pavement, wall, curb, etc. Or is it still like brand new like it left the dealership? I have to admit, today I thought my kickstand was down, well, you know the rest.
Hey aren’t we meant to be starting a "Hall of shame" thread. I’m not saying anything mate but would this be a good start for the wooden horse? ps I hope there isn't to much damage and it won't hurt the wallet to much.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped mine at a walking pace at the treetops in N.C. 1/4 dollar sized scratch on the upper fairing, light scratch on mirror, and frame protector. Bent the peg feeler to the point that I removed it.

I have three stickers on it now, so rock chips and such, a few scratches on the tank from stuff, a few spots on the upper fairing from bug guts. Thats about it so far.

Difference between bikes and cars?
Bikes fall down.
Another contender?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...Can't stop laughing.....:Flash:

On another subject from Botch, hard to believe that an upper fairing would only cost $42?

VEGASRIDER
I was thinking the same, not the hard on bit (FZ6 is sexy to ride though) If my fairing went I would need a second Mortgage to repair it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah yes, the old kick stand trick. Me too. I felt like such a doofus when I did it. I had to touch up a 1 in by 1 in spot on the crank case cover. It would have been worse but I sacrificed some skin to keep the damage low. I was like a lot of people and thought "Well, gald to get that out of the way. Now I don't have to worry about getting a scratch on it."lol
Now come on mate, it was your idea for the hall of shame. I think that a self nomination should be called for by the rest of the members at once. LOL
"Quote Now for my dumb idea. We could have a "Hall of Shame" section for members who scuff/drop/hopefully not crash their bikes. You know, for people who had a brain fart"

Reaction score
Visit site
Don'cha just *hate it* when that happens?
Sounds like my kinda luck.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Now come on mate, it was your idea for the hall of shame. I think that a self nomination should be called for by the rest of the members at once. LOL
"Quote Now for my dumb idea. We could have a "Hall of Shame" section for members who scuff/drop/hopefully not crash their bikes. You know, for people who had a brain fart"

Okay,okay, you got me. Now, who should I send the "Ugly Wooden Horse" to next. lol :Flip:

besier

Reaction score
Visit site
Other than trying to remove dried on bug guts from my windshield with a damp paper towel (Left small scratches) my bike is in mint condition. But... Just reading and posting on this subject is a goocher. I'll have to be extra careful riding this week. It's like a goalie, if he's working on a shut out and the games almost over and someone mentions "Shut Out", he will let a goal in for sure by the end of the game...

Ha! Ha! Dented the tank...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay,okay, you got me. Now, who should I send the "Ugly Wooden Horse" to next. lol :Flip:
Hey mate thats beautiful, are you sure you dont ride a ferrari (prancing horse)? You need to post it on the hall of shame thread. My bikes still a minter. Neil

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
went down at about 40ish mph. put frame sliders on the night before. just some scratches, sprayed the clutch cover flat black (when it scrapes, it goes silver) put bent clutch lever in vise and hit with a hammer til straight again. replaced frame slider on that side and glued the fairing back together with epoxy. i suffered more damage than the bike did. shattered wrist and broke ankle

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:justkidding:
went down at about 40ish mph. put frame sliders on the night before. just some scratches, sprayed the clutch cover flat black (when it scrapes, it goes silver) put bent clutch lever in vise and hit with a hammer til straight again. replaced frame slider on that side and glued the fairing back together with epoxy. i suffered more damage than the bike did. shattered wrist and broke ankle
Jon, before you are worthy of a hall of shame nomination. You gota tells how it happend? Hope you are on the mend, sounds like you did a good repair on the bike. Please see hall of shame thred for all your "Brain Fart" requirments. see ya there LOL

Last edited: