naked/streetfighter riders.....

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
STAND AND BE RECOGNIZED FOR THE HEROES THAT YOU ARE!!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I took my windscreen off a week ago as the first phase of a naked conversion (main conversion wouldnt happen till next year I was just gonna ride w/o windscreen for this year).

And tonight the temperature dropped to about 10-12 degrees celcius (~50 degrees farenheit). Went out for a 60 minute ride. Hit 2 stretches of highway with speed ranging from 110kph-125kph. Main riding was 60-80kph sustained with intermittent stretches of 40-60kph.

The ride was enjoyable as always. But holy sweet mother of mary!!! I had mesh pants on and no liner under my jacket and.....it was......

COoOoOoO oOoOoOoO LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
P.S. I am now thinking of going the other way of going fully faired (which is what i was thinking of doing before I started thinking about naked conversion). I live in the north pole so cold is going to be a regular feature for me except a handful of weeks in the year.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Naked oh yes, three of us rode on the weekend with nakeds in the rain. wolf had a genuine screen two of us didnt, wolf had leathers the other two of didnt. Wolf was dry from the thighs up we were drenched and really cold, and we didnt do over 120km/h, this also was the first time i was cold with my artic dryrider on (i didnt have the liner in, but normally sweat without it).:Sport:

Northern

Reaction score
Visit site
And tonight the temperature dropped to about 10-12 degrees celcius (~50 degrees farenheit).

I have a original naked European FZ6, and the coldest I ever ride was -2 celcius (~29 degrees Fahrenheit) The sun was shining, but it was so f... cold. But what can I do - where i live, I have to wait all winter, to start ride again. So we use all nice days, for passion.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in a very cold part of my city...the hills, and often ride very late at night, or in the early hours of the morning ( Saturday night it was 1 degree celcius), and the screen i added definitely helps keep the cold out as well as the rain (As Aussiejules said), as does a decent quality jacket with a windproof & thermal lining, but the best thing you can do IMHO is purchase some full length thermal pants and shirt to wear under all your normal clothes, as well as a thermal neck sock....only part of me that is cold now is my hands, and i am about to fix that with some heated grips.

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
The best thing about naked Fz6 is controlling yourself by feel of wind. You cant ride continously fast because of that. And yes it is very cold at nights...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cold! at 3.30am this morning it was -2c in the hills where i was riding home with all my gear on, including full length thermal pants, & top, under my quilted & windproof gear, with winter gloves, with thermal inner gloves, plus my heated grips on Max(egg fryingly hot) and i was still cold!

Still wouldnt go any other bike than a naked bike! just dont like fairings, although i do like small "bikini" screens.

Northern

Reaction score
Visit site
The best thing about naked Fz6 is controlling yourself by feel of wind.
100% agree.
Still wouldnt go any other bike than a naked bike! just dont like fairings, although i do like small "bikini" screens.
Some times, I think about this fly screen:
2905_IMG_PMZ.jpg

Barracuda Moto - Yamaha - FZ6 - FZ6 S2 - Accessori speciali non in serire

fz6-front-3-4-web.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That Barracuda stuff looks nice...and let me say this, putting that little screen there does not stop a face full of wind, it just deflects a bit of wind & rain off your shoulders, and torso. I really did not notice that much difference before and after fitting till it rained!

So dont let fear of the loss of the"wind in the hair" thing pertube you from getting a screen.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day folks. I'm a noob to the site but I've been riding nekkids for years and there's no substitute for good gear. I live in Adelaide and work Afternoon shift so I always ride home at midnight and don't feel the cold at all now that I use decent Jacket, pants and gloves. I ride every day, rain, hail or shine.

Cheers
Mike