Replacing Rear Signal Lights

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know, I’m anal retentive, but a part of me likes to keep the FZ6 wiring intact as much as possible.

Some of us have already done this, replacing the rear signal lights with aftermarket LED’s or say ones that come with the Two Bro exhaust system. For those replacement signals that don’t come with the proper Yamaha “plug ‘n play connector”, Lockhart Phillips has made an adapter cable that goes from the Yamaha connector to some bullet connectors, a readily available connector at your local store, or just cut them off and solder directly to them. The best thing about this is if you ever want to put the old signals back on, you just disconnect one and plug in the other.

Dual filament harness, P.N. 122-9655 (can be used on front or rear signals)
Single filament harness, P.N. 122-9654 (used for rear signals only)

Last edited:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the information,,,the only bad thing is ,its just a little bit too late for those who already have butchered the original signal cables to install the aftermarket ones ,like myself :D:D

i will use these on my next FZ6,,orr i might follow the tradition and get an R1 instead ;);)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again. That is exactly what I was hoping for! I too was not too excited about splicing and soldering the after-market LED signals. The adapter is a saver. Cheers.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, I’m anal retentive, but a part of me likes to keep the FZ6 wiring intact as much as possible.

Some of us have already done this, replacing the rear signal lights with aftermarket LED’s or say ones that come with the Two Bro exhaust system. For those replacement signals that don’t come with the proper Yamaha “plug ‘n play connector”, Lockhart Phillips has made an adapter cable that goes from the Yamaha connector to some bullet connectors, a readily available connector at your local store, or just cut them off and solder directly to them. The best thing about this is if you ever want to put the old signals back on, you just disconnect one and plug in the other.

I bought mine with a fender eliminator kit already set up, I wanted rear turn signals so I bought the y yamaha adapter along with a bracket and the led turn signals from motrax (sp) .. I did the bullet conector thing as well

+1 for saving the bikes wiring

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the information,,,the only bad thing is ,its just a little bit too late for those who already have butchered the original signal cables to install the aftermarket ones ,like myself :D:D

i will use these on my next FZ6,,orr i might follow the tradition and get an R1 instead ;);)

I have heard of other people moving from the fz to the R1...

Whats up with that? I understand that the r1 is a bad boy but this seems very common for fz folk

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone here have a link to an online retailer that carries the rear signal wire adapters (Single filament harness, P.N. 122-9654) ?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I just bought the adapters from Lockhart P that said "suzuki", but they work exactly the same. Used them on the front surface mount Lockhart P three wire signals(lower fairings), so all of it was just "plug n play"! Glad somebody else noticed them too. :thumbup:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks! I didn't know that these adaptor harness were available when I installed my FE kit and LED rear flashers. I did, however, make up an identical adaptor myself (talk about "parallel development"). What the kit would have saved, however, was me having to cut off the OEM connectors from the OEM rear flashers to make up the adaptor harness.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just google "lockhart phillips". When I did I saw them here....

http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...9&cat=0&page=3

I was this close to ordering them from these guys and figured why not ask around town here at one of the dealers. One finally answered by saying they could get them in from their distributor for $6.29 CDN and I said order it. I had it in 2 days, can't beat that.

The internet ordering is too darn convenient and every once in a while I gotta step away from the mouse. Ordering locally from a dealer saved me some time and money.

You could call around to some MC shops first before you order. I was acutally surprised they actually carried Lockhart Phillips stuff. :thumbup:

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked around, dealer didn't seem to know what I was talking about, so I went ahead and soldered the damn thing. My bikes had the stock signals and fender off for 3 days already, I didn't feel like waiting anymore.

They still turned out great though.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While this worked for the Two Bros. Flashers, it did not work for my Rizomas. Any advice as to what I may be doing wrong? The adapter comes with + wire, - wire, and a ground; whereas the blinkers simply have a + and a -. I used only the positive red and the negative black, but they would not blink.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...ar-turn-signal-electrical-help.html#post92567

Taking the adapters out of the picture completly and attaching the signals directly to the bike and NO PROBLEMO! Very bright signals...

Last edited: