fz6 s2 seat question!

gordy

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys,is it my butt,or do you guys also find the saddle uncomfortable?must admit ive had abit taken out!due to lack of normal length legs!can see the jokes already!ha,wot about this comfort seat thats avaiable,can it be purchased in uk?or does anyone have any other ideas,am living down south,use my bike 24/7..love the bike,not the seat!.many thanks..:thumbup:

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had no problems with the saddle, I can ride for hours on end without feeling the need to get off the bike.

There's some other threads going on about seats, but I'm too lazy to look 'em up :D There are alternatives for sure.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Yamaha lowered seat for the FZ6.
It is 3CM lower and is more rounded.

The difference it has made is massive. It actually feels like I own the bike now. It is so comfortable that I am riding it from denmark to Normandy next week.

You can also get a really good after market seat from Bagster but they are expensive. I would not look at the Corbin because the reports are not good.

There is another thread about the lowered seat with pics.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/2826-yamaha-lowered-fz6-seat.html

Steve

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the seat is fine for me for about 30mins, above that my butt falls asleep or hurts a little bit...Maybe the Yamaha Comfort seat would fix that?...

cms58

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried the gel seat from Yamaha, but I find no difference in discomfort. Still gonna look for a better seat. I have a Mustang seat on my cruiser, I guess I am just spoiled to that seat.:(

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the S2 seat was supposed to be better than the original FZ6 seat? I've heard people complaining about getting a sore arse on the old style seat, but neither me or the Missus have an issue with it.

Scooping padding out won't help, but with a stock seat I reckon it's just down to it not being sat on enough, do a few thousand miles on it and either it will get worn in nicely or your back side will, the end result will be the same; comfy bike.

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this in general discussion thread also

I hardly ever get a sore bum but when I did it was always when it was hot and sticky

My thesus is its the hairs on me butt are getting pulled and cozzing the pain

I talced my leathers and not had it again lately

another thing u could try is padded cycling shorts

or just another type of material between bum and leathers

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

If anyone was willing to show me how to recover the seat I will donate some really excellent Gel pad (it is 5 feet by 2.5 feet long and about 1" deep). It is the material used to prevent pressure are breakdown on patients who are under going major surgery. It is very flexible and easy to cut. I think that if I had a template I could just cut it and insert this under the seat.
This obviously is more open to UK members but I would be happy to cut and ship. You pay postage. I have acquired the item legitimately and it is a material that is fully washable. I have obviously sanitised it.

Nelly

gordy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

If anyone was willing to show me how to recover the seat I will donate some really excellent Gel pad (it is 5 feet by 2.5 feet long and about 1" deep). It is the material used to prevent pressure are breakdown on patients who are under going major surgery. It is very flexible and easy to cut. I think that if I had a template I could just cut it and insert this under the seat.
This obviously is more open to UK members but I would be happy to cut and ship. You pay postage. I have acquired the item legitimately and it is a material that is fully washable. I have obviously sanitised it.

Nelly

hiya,the gel you have sounds bloody marvlos,thanks for lookin at my question,if i where in your position,id go see a local seat repairer with your gel and let him/her do it for ya,everyman to there own job i say!:thumbup:gordy

fazer513

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too found that the standard seat uncomfortable and 1 hour was about my limit.
Yes the bagster seat was a bit pricey, but worth every penny. I can now go a full tank between rest stops. :thumbup: More riding, less waiting.
The Bagster website lets you customise the seat to your choice. Lots of options. Check it out.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
BAgster site also has seet covers...not sure if you could use this to permenantly re-cover the seat? I have a spare seat and I am thinking of trying this.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an inch of foam shaved off the seat so I could actually reach the ground with both feet. I have found that wearing padded bicycle shorts under my riding pants makes a huge difference.

We did a 3-week trip at the beginning June covering about 8,000 KM with riding days ranging anywhere from 200 to 900 KM and I had no problem with a sore butt!

cms58

Reaction score
Visit site
Russell Seats makes what they call a daylong seat. Seat seams like it should be on a cruiser, but looks comfortable. It is custom made to the rider height, seat position and has options.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Nelly

Hi mate,

There is a thread on here somewhere that explains how to mod/ recover a seat.

The difficulty I can see with the recovering process, is stapling the cover back on. The pro's will have air guns that fire heavy duty staples into the seat body effortlessly. Mere mortals, like you & me, will have to make do with 'domestic' staplers. I've got a pretty good one which cost me about 40 holes & I'm not sure that's up to the job. Even so, it only fires standard width staples.

I'd be tempted to punt 20 quid on a spare saddle off e-bay & bugger about with it. Or as previously suggested get a local saddle maker to mod it for you.

Got to agree with the OP though, after a 100 miles my bum is numb. I've got some gel cycling shorts, which help immensely. However, they are not the whole answer, as the are designed to protect your nads fron a bicycle saddle not your bum from a motorcycle saddle.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi..this is my first post with purpose..reading through this the issue seems to be accomodating riders with shorter legs..im 6' 7"..are there any issues with riders 6'+.i wont be picking the bike up till Aug 30th ..so im just trying to find as much as i can now.

cheers

Martin.