Fred Interview

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody who likes hot air :shakehead: Fred...

What do you do for a living?
I'm a student at Austin Community College, studying towards an Associates in Mechanical Drafting. Once that's complete, I may enroll at the University of Texas to become a Mechanical Engineer. It's more likely that I'll just go back to work. I miss having a job.

How long have you owned your FZ6?
Seven months.

What other modes of transport do you have?
1995 Nissan pickup for hauling things.
2000 Honda Insight (70mpg grocery getter)
07 FZ6
1990 BMW K-75 Turbo project. I've had it running but am redoing the turbo system, so it's in pieces at the moment.
Homemade chopper. The front end of a BMW K-75 welded to the back end of a pocketbike, with an office chair seat. Made for $40 as part of a contest.
Specialized Rockhopper mountain bike for commuting to and from school.

If you could have any bike what would it be?
An FJR for touring.

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Gardening, welding, machining, reading science fiction, playing Magic the Gathering/Addiction.

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
The Chisos Mountains in Big Bend National Park. I spent a week camping and hiking solo up there, had a blast!

Describe yourself in three words?
Tall. Moral. Irish.

If you could redesign any household (including garage) appliance what would it be and why?
The kitchen sink is a total failure. The bowls are too small to fit a cookie sheet, so you can't wash it without making a mess all over the counter. The faucets are often too low, making it hard to fill up large stock pots. The sink should be mounted below the counter top, not above, so you can easily clean the counters by sweeping everything into the sink. And there should be three taps, not two. Instead of Hot and Cold, the kitchen sink should have Hot, Cold and Phở.

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
Fire. Think of the royalties on that one if I'd gotten the patent filed in time!

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Having more than two kids.

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
Getting drunk and thinking that I can sing like Johnny Cash.

Snow or beach?
Snow. It's July in Texas. In the name of all that is holy, get me to a ski slope!

Windows or Mac?
Windows, because that's what AutoDesk software requires.

F1 or NASCAR?
F1. They have modern engines and right hand turns.

Which track or album rocks your boat?
East Side Militia by Chemlab.

What is your favourite film?
"The Beast" This is not the film about the shark with legs. The 1988 film with Jason Patric and George Dzundza

Meat or Veg?
Meat!

What is your favourite beverage?
Aloe drink, available at asian markets everywhere.

And finally, your number one rule in life?
I will be honest at all times, and I will have no time for those who cannot be honest with me.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with your degree.. Bon Jovi or Beethoven? hehe

It is so nice that you guys are sharing this with us. Makes me respect you all the more ;)

Deb

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great interview Fred! We have GOT to have pics of your chopper project!!!

And I also am stunned by your "kitchen appliance" answer. My own answer was pretty weak, and I couldn't think of a better one, you are spot-on about kitchen sinks. Congrats!

J

jsteinb95

LOL...thanks Boo, you took my post!!! ;)

Michael, I think the Beethoven or Bon Jovi question should stay! :D

W

wrightme43

Dang Fred you would love one of my customers houses.

She has black granite counters, with a absolutley huge double bowl sink (mounted under the counter) She has a huge faucet that loops up, with a selector button for spray and the nozzle comes out of the faucet so you can use it as a sprayer. Plus a instant hot water nozzle. Its pretty tricked out.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Fred,
Would love to see you chopper (so to speak). Good luck with finishing your degree.

Nelly