Buying Bits?

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Finally picked up my new FZ6 from Webbs on Saturday. How happy was I?! It only had 8mi on the clock!! So far only done the 15 miles back from the shop as the weather been so awful. I am new to riding a bike of this size so want to take it easy to start!

Anyway... I digress... where is the best to get "bits" from in the UK? Looking to get a puig screen, and either the belly pan or full fairing. Have got some R&G crash bungs ordered and a datatool disc lock and tagging kit.

Anyone recommend a good supplier in the UK? Any other additions you recommend?

Thanks
Warren

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Finally picked up my new FZ6 from Webbs on Saturday. How happy was I?! It only had 8mi on the clock!! So far only done the 15 miles back from the shop as the weather been so awful. I am new to riding a bike of this size so want to take it easy to start!

Anyway... I digress... where is the best to get "bits" from in the UK? Looking to get a puig screen, and either the belly pan or full fairing. Have got some R&G crash bungs ordered and a datatool disc lock and tagging kit.

Anyone recommend a good supplier in the UK? Any other additions you recommend?

Thanks
Warren

Hi mate and welcome

I got the majority of my bits off e-bay but I suppose it depends what you want... Yamama dealer does the belly pan and full fairing but they're kin expensive !!!

Just google anything you need and you won't go far wrong :)

Enjoy that Fz6 mate... I loved mine and still missing it :(

edit: loved !! :eek: I still love it !!!!

Here she is :(

Bike119thFeb2008.jpg

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
:welcome: and congrats on the new FZ! I buy most of my stuff off eBlag as well. SoloMotoParts is a good US site that ships to the UK as well. It's where I got my Puig screen.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Warren :welcome:

As JC said either ebay or a google search you will come up trumps.
Other mods k&n air filter, bikerdudes duel headlight mod is a defo, heated grips maybe.

You will not be disappointed with the FZ6 thats for sure :thumbup:

ps JC I still have my fz6 :Flip:

FeatheredWolf

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike :thumbup:

I agree with the other guys re checking on e-bay, got most of the bits I've bought for my bike from there.

As for recommended bits, if you're gonna be commuting on your bike in this glorious UK weather of ours, get yourself a Scottoiler. Best mod ever!

Enjoy it,
Gary

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Will take a look on fleebay.

Gutted!! I just spent 4 weeks working in the US. Only got back on Saturday (about 5 hours before I picked my bike up). If I had known about the screen coming from the US I could have had it delivered there.

Oh well... maybe work will send me back or I will just get it delivered.

Anyway, thanks again. Will post some photos when I get chance to get it out without the rain!

Jonac I do like the belly pan... I am so torn between the belly pan or the full fairing?!? I like both but dont know which to go for!

Decisions, decisions...

Numpty I have already asked Biker Dude if he will deliver to UK as def want to do the headlight mod. What benefit does the K&N air filter give? Have seen a lot about it.

Warren

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Warren the main reason i got a k&n filter was it should last a lifetime so there is no need to replace on every service saving money in the long term.I have noticed the noise induction sounds more throaty in the higher rev range, Just ask Nelly, he could not stop smiling when he put his in :D My maths is not that great so dont know if any saving in fuel.

Gary

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
bikderdude will definitely deliver to the UK. I've already got one of hiw wires and it's phenomenal. Haven't installed it yet though...:(

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Warren.

Welcome:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I got a power bronze screen, which is for my stealth back Fz6 S2 is the biz. I'm going to get a belly pan as it's cheaper than the full fairing and already have bungs and a baglux tank cover

Seeing your so new and as a one off providing you have not yet got any property marking security on your new steed (eg, Smart Water, Alpha Dot, Data Tag etc), email me at work your address and I'll send you a free Smart Water Kit..

[email protected] , or look at my thread re Smart Water if you think I'm having you on.. LOL

Best wishes

Mark

PS

Sorry folks, can't give any more away at the moment as I need to keep what are left for Brands and NEC show.:uk:

Mark

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks very much for the kind words and welcome everyone! Look forward to perhaps meeting up in October if the meet is still on?

Thanks also for the offer of Smart Water Mark. I already have DataTool tagging so guess this is the same? Is it true DataTag is now DataTool? My insurance company said they couldnt find DataTool on their list of security devices but all I can find to purchase when I search for DataTag is DataTool?!

BikeDude seems really nice. Have ordered one of his dual headlight wires and he shipped the next day!

Forgot to mention that my FZ6 is black too! Looking to get the belly pan I think. Have decided against the full fairing... for now! Also going to look at a screen and K&N filter. Will take a look at the screen you mentioned Mark. I think I am going to leave the pipe as stock for now. Seems plenty loud enough and still sounds great if you ask me.

Now PLEASE stop raining!!!

Warren

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Warren.:thumbup:

Thanks for your post and good luck with the screen and pan, don't forget some pics as : :needpics: LOL!!

Data Tag and Data Tool are 2 different providers of security products.
DATATOOL

DATATAG UK

Glad you got some property marking for your bike.

All the best

Mark

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh... does anyone have any preference / recommendation in datatag vs datatool?

What swung me was this statement from the Datatool website:

"Using Trovan's UNIQUE RF ID transponder technology, previously sold under the DATATAG name, Datatool® systems are now supplied exclusively by Datatool® to the UK motocycle market. Awarded with Thatcham Category Q accreditation."

I read that to be DATATAG is now DataTool but I guess it means just the RF ID??

Any preferences out there??