You've got me convinced

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself and share my story.

I've been lurking around and browsing these forums since about Mid-May. I knew I'd be in the market to buy a new bike come Aug or Sept, but had no idea what to get. I rode a Honda Rebel 250 from age 14-16 and a Suzuki Savage 650 from 16-19. I'm 23 now, recently graduated college, and now it's time for a real bike!

I've been pretty much doing research all the time so far this summer, and knew I wanted a sportbike, but not your typical R6/Gixxer/CBR/Ninja supersport model. I wanted something different, something I could call my own. I began to start looking at the Naked bikes like the Ducati's, Aprilia, Triumph, TMK, Buell, etc. but a lot of them were A.) out of my price range or B.) out of my price range. :D

I talked to one of my best friends from college who races in WERA & AMA and he steered me over towards some of the Big 4 semi-naked bikes. (Why does Europe get all the cool bikes!)

I narrowed down to a shortlist of the SV650, Ninja 650R, and of course the Fizzer.

After looking around for a couple months, reading reviews, checking out forums, etc. I am 100% sold on the FZ6!! I love the passion you guys have about the bike. Especially you dedicated streetfighter-ers.

After I do get the bike, I'm going 100% naked, 100% streetfighter, I want it to be MY bike, and I want it to look scary! :rockon: (wavex that's your bike)

So yes, howdy from Oklahoma, and thanks for being informative without me having to ask!!

-Chris-

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome here bro, good choice on the fizzer, and good choice to make it your own by going naked... you won`t regret it!

Post progress reports when you get the bike and start your conversion....

Good luck! :rockon:

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Thanks guys! Those two youtube vids you have were actually extremely helpful in my decision making process. I was really glad to find out that the procedure for taking off the front fairing isn't overly complicated. I'm not real great with electrical stuff, soldering, etc. but my Dad is a real wiz with that stuff. He currently rides a Honda Valkyrie and has done plenty of mods, especially in regards to lights, signals, etc. And my parents have a big garage too so I'll have to head over there anyways just to have the room to get the job done.

I've got $1000 saved up right now, want to double that before I go buy the bike, but got a vacation coming up at the end of July with the girlfriend, so it looks like mid-August is going to be my ideal shopping window.

I will probably spend my time from now until then trying to figure out what headlight I want! I may just pick up a used single lamp from a cruiser to stick on so I can go naked as soon as possible and then save some cash for something sweet. Wavex, I really like the one you had before your current one. So something in that mold would be ideal...

God, it's so exciting and I don't even have the freaking bike yet! :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad these videos actually help ppl! :)

I decided to cut and solder all the wires, to make the front end as clean as possible, but a lot of ppl actually kept the stock connectors... they are quite big, so they are difficult to hide, but depending on the headlight/flyscreen you get, you may be able to keep them and save yourself a lot of time...

My previous headlight mini-fairing was just recently resurrected (it was cracked and all scratched up from a crash), and it is actually shipping to its new owner today... we should see V2.0 come back to life shortly hehe...

Looking forward to seeing your project come to life as well... and let us know if you need help... :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome and congrats on a great choice in a first "Real" bike i look forward to your project and it's progress. Will you be starting with an 04-06 or an 07+ for it?