Max speed on this Fazer

Ajantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here, glad to see you all :)

Anyway, could you tell me, more or less, how fast can this naked Fazer go with that small fairing? Is it possible to do about 220-230 km/h with it and no lose the helmet? It is FZ6 2005. http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3895908141df4.jpg
Or what would be the maximum comfortable speed on that bike?

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My 2006 naked FZ6N (no screen) has shown 237km/h on it's speedo....did not have my GPS attached at the time, so dont know how accurate that is...but at 60km/h my speedo reads 4km/h fast...so go figure.

There are a couple of Youtube vid's of FZ6's that show similar speeds.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
220 kph is about 136 mph, The Fizzer will do that in a heart beat. I personally find that 140 kph is my max comfort speed naked, Speeds over that really take their toll on neck muscles.
The best way to get an answer is to go and do it

Nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
220 kph is about 136 mph, The Fizzer will do that in a heart beat. I personally find that 140 kph is my max comfort speed naked, Speeds over that really take their toll on neck muscles.

Nelly

Agreed, but try do it somewhere where you can minimise risk too yourself, and others...racetrack / ride day is best.

Ajantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, to say the truth, that is not my bike. I'm thinking about buying that Fazer. I asked the guy that wants to sell it about the bike and he told me he did max 231 km/h. I'm an amateur when it comes to bikes, but afaik >130 km/h makes it really difficult for nakeds so it was pretty strange he could ride 100 km/h faster :) .

One more thing. Is there any significant difference between naked Fazer and the one with at least some small front fairing?

Anyway, thanks :)

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I've zipped up to over the 210kph, on a very straight, very empty road and believe me the wind at that speed isn't much fun at all even on my FZ6 Fazer S2. There was still more to go, but the wind certainly made me slow down. I haven't had chance since I got the fairing lowers, so I don't know what, if any, difference that makes.

I wouldn't want to do it on an FZ6N. A long while ago I did take my SV650N up past 175kph and it wasn't something I'd want to repeat.

I have to add that none of this was on a road in the UK...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just a question, why are you so worried about how fast it can go? Especially if you are an amature to bikes and to riding? Your fastest comfort speed will be determined by your skill and weather conditions, i have been going 75 MP/H on my faired FZ and with a cross wind on the highway it felt like i was going to lose it, on a calm day i have noticed that faster is smooth as butter...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you go anywhere above about 180km/h regularly on an FZ6 and really you should have a steering damper on the bike. I dont think the bike is really designed to go that fast anyway, even if the motor is willing.

I do a lot of Sport Riding, and dont mind winding out the bike a bit, but have decided to keep my right wrist under control, until i either install a steering damper, or i get a bike that has suspension, steering components that are designed to cope with high speed riding.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, sort of on-topic, do the 07's go past 142mph? I heard they cut off.

:welcome: to Ajantis!!

I have the '08 and I swear they changed something in it. My '05 was fast without question but the new '08 has me looking for more gears after 6th. According to all I've read, the gear ratios remained the same for both model runs but I *know* something is different after having owned both! Just need to figure out what it is if they're not lying about the gearing. :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed, but try do it somewhere where you can minimise risk too yourself, and others...racetrack / ride day is best.
You are totally right mate, What I was really trying to allure to was each person will have a different comfort thresh hold.

Nelly

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here, glad to see you all :)

Anyway, could you tell me, more or less, how fast can this naked Fazer go with that small fairing? Is it possible to do about 220-230 km/h with it and no lose the helmet? It is FZ6 2005. ImageShack - Hosting :: 3895908141df4.jpg
Or what would be the maximum comfortable speed on that bike?

I am comfortable on the naked FZ up to 100mph, which is about 160km/h... after that it starts pulling a little more, but still not a big deal until 110... from 110mph to 130mph, you definitely have to hang on, but it's not that bad, unless you plan on keeping up that speed for miles and miles :) >130 is a bitch lol

Note: I am talking real speed, not speedo speed, which is around 10% fast on US FZ6s.

Ajantis

Reaction score
Visit site
just a question, why are you so worried about how fast it can go? Especially if you are an amature to bikes and to riding? Your fastest comfort speed will be determined by your skill and weather conditions, i have been going 75 MP/H on my faired FZ and with a cross wind on the highway it felt like i was going to lose it, on a calm day i have noticed that faster is smooth as butter...

It's not that I want to go that fast. It's just that I'm interested in buying this one and I don't want to buy a total wreck. I'm just curious if the guy who wants to sell it was true when he said he did 231 ;)

But still, do you think FZ6 N is fine for first bike anyway?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
There are better choices out there for a first bike (250cc, 500cc), but there are also far worst choices (SS liter bikes etc...).

The ergos of the FZ6 are good and comfortable, and as long as you realize the dangers of riding a bike and take a rider course or two, you`ll be fine imo.

Always remember, it's not really the bike, it's the rider... :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are totally right mate, What I was really trying to allure to was each person will have a different comfort thresh hold.

Nelly

And dont you see that everytime you go on a group ride, each person is different in what personal limits they place upon their riding habits. A good group wont judge each others ability's, speed, etc, they will just enjoy the ride and each others shared passion for bikes. :)

Ajantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, at the moment I'm finishing my course. My instructor is said to really know his thing, he's passionate for bikes. I respect motocycles and know its power. It's just that I want to buy a bike which I really love instead of 250cc or even famous gs 500...
Right now I have a reason to live ;)

And yeah, I heard that rookies should ride in front of the group, right?

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

Sounds good for rehab on neck born discs hernia.... :D

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the full faired version of the fazer (2005) and i have seen 160mph on the clock, still had a tiny bit more to go but not much. :D i dread to think on the naked version what the wind must be like, but as for a first bike, if you know how to controll your right hand and know the basics you should be ok :thumbup: