Digital Gear Indicator for 07 FZ6

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can purchase a digital Gear indicator for my 07 S2 ?

I have seen them on pre 07 FZ6s but not on the new one.... Any ideas ????

Being a new rider I feel this would help as I have other things to think about and often forget what gear i'm in !!

:rolleyes:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be a neat gadget, but I dont think i would have a use for one. But, i wouldnt mind checking it out if you find one and post pics.:)

W

wrightme43

MotoSport - Dash & Speedometer

Ere ya go mate. LOL

Your money being worth so much you should buy me one too, have it shipped to me, and I will ship the other one to you. LOL

Save this companies link. They rock, really nice people and good prices. Especially on tires.

vizzz

Reaction score
Visit site
i see specs of this kind of products, but...all of them work comparing wheel speed to engine speed to calculate gears, is this accurate?
there is no way to known from ECU which gear i'm in? i've worked on a citroen rally car with a sequential gear, and from the gear comes out 4 wires, one is negative and the other three gives the binary combination for gears.
it'll be nice to known that there is something like that even on FZ6

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Which one ?

I have veiwed DATATOOL site but am still unsure which one I need, Will the ACCUMEN one work ... is it easy to install ?

edit: sorry .. seen wrightmans post ... Do you recommend the one you stated ?

Last edited:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I have veiwed DATATOOL site but am still unsure which one I need, Will the ACCUMEN one work ... is it easy to install ?

edit: sorry .. seen wrightmans post ... Do you recommend the one you stated ?

I assumed it was the same thing as Wrightme suggested. Can't recommend it having not tried it. On the Datatool site there is a 'How Too' page. You need to be reasonable competent at wiring, there are about 6 different feeds to the device & they recommend that all joints are soldered or the gadget may pick up false readings.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I assumed it was the same thing as Wrightme suggested. Can't recommend it having not tried it. On the Datatool site there is a 'How Too' page. You need to be reasonable competent at wiring, there are about 6 different feeds to the device & they recommend that all joints are soldered or the gadget may pick up false readings.

Thanks mate :thumbup:

I'm probably better off taking it to my Yam dealer and pay a few quid for them to do it properly :p

I do need one though ... keep going for that extra gear that I don't have lol

I'm still learning :eek:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Msg from dealer ...

"you can use either the Datatool Digi or the Acumen DG8 universal fit.
They both work the same on your bike."

There you have it ... I've ordered the Acumen one ... hope they're telling me the truth !! :)

I'll post some pics when it arrives and I get it fitted..

TATA for now :Sport:

W

wrightme43

Cool. I want to see how it works too. If you can please prepare a how to article for it. We need those to fill up the FAQ. It will be credited to you. Thanks.

Luping

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Datatool gear shift indicator but i can't find Engine speed pulse (RPM) wire and Speedometer pulse ( MPH/KPH) wire. In the manual they said i have to connect all that wires below the speedometer (loom to back of clocks).
Anyone knows wich colour is and location?
Thank you for your time

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Speed sensor should be white with a yellow tracer wire.
Crank Shaft Position sensor/RPM should be a gray wire.
Keep in mind there should be instructions for the Datatool connection to the FZ6 and I would research this first by communicating with the Datatool manufacturer to see if they have instructions/schematic for hook up to your bike. The RPM pulses from the crank shaft position sensor on the FZ6 has multiple pulses instead of just one and I don't know if this will work for the RPM sensing.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site