Saddle bags

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to get those bags too. I have the tail bag that clips into those bags. Where do they attach to the frame?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
These are the cortech's. I ran the strap under the seat, but I think it is suppost to go over it. I noticed the seat is riding a few mm higher in the back than normal.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any of you guys run with these? I picked them up tonight, and am already in love with them.
I have some like them (UK product) Oxford soft luggage. Mine aren't waterproof, but they came with rain covers. (rain covers blew off at 137mph). The bags area great investment and I have found mine really usefull especially as the weather over here won't allow summer just yet. Nice pic to. I will post one of mine so you can see how similar they are. Mine cost £80.00.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a similar pair (although by Fieldsheer) on eBay closeout for $40. They worked great on the one occassion I've used them although to be waterproof they need rain covers. I packed my stuff in big ziploc bags and after riding through some rain ended up with dry things but some water in the bottom of the bags. Overall happy with them but if I was going to leave them on the bike all the time would probably look for something that seemed more durable.

Incidentally I tried strapping mine under the seat but didn't like how it caused the seat to rise up at the back. I ended going over top, which might not be very comfy if you have a passenger.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a similar pair (although by Fieldsheer) on eBay closeout for $40. They worked great on the one occassion I've used them although to be waterproof they need rain covers. I packed my stuff in big ziploc bags and after riding through some rain ended up with dry things but some water in the bottom of the bags. Overall happy with them but if I was going to leave them on the bike all the time would probably look for something that seemed more durable.

Incidentally I tried strapping mine under the seat but didn't like how it caused the seat to rise up at the back. I ended going over top, which might not be very comfy if you have a passenger.
I like the idea of the zip lock bags, will give it a try. I also tried the undef the seat method an wondered if it would cause more rain than normal to get down there. My son has been on the back with the strap in place and said it was fine.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! Where did you get those an how much?

I picked them up from my local shop, but I have seen them all over the web. I paid $129 for them.

Gdubya

Reaction score
Visit site
frame?

Do those saddle bags and similar ones use any kind of frame to mount on, or are they just hanging down off the middle? Do they get close to the exhaust sides? Would it fit a good-sized laptop computer?

I would like to ditch the computer backpack i wear for my commute, but I don't want anything that has to mount permanently right now.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine mounted as follows:
- two straps over seat (velcro closure)
- a strap on either side toward the front of the bag that I attached to the pillion peg bracket (clip straps)
- a strap from the back corners of each bag that I hooked together around the back of the bike near the license plate (clips again)

By playing the with length of these straps I was able to get the bags to hang pretty level, they rested on the side plastic at the front of the bag but stayed an inch or two from the heat shield for the exhaust. The first mouting was a little slow (15 - 30 mins while I fussed around although they were pretty close in 5 or 10) but afterwards I only unhooked the clip straps and lift the two bags off together so remounting is pretty fast (a minute or two).

Not sure if they'd fit a laptop because of shape. I carry my laptop (std 15in widescreen), shoes, and lunch in my tankbag plus other misc items. (Tourmaster TB-12). If that's not enough I bungee net my laptop messenger bag on the rear seat.

Last edited: