Wanna-be FZ6 owner

caddydaddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!,
I've been riding for a year now, and own a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. I've put almost 4,000 miles on it so far, and next year hope to step up to an FZ6. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and love the looks of them. I test rode an SV650S, and it wasn't for me. Nice bike though! I haven't test ridden an FZ6 yet, but hope to before I buy one.

Ride safe!,

CaddyDaddy
Portland, Maine

Border1

Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned my FZ6 for about 2 months now and couldn't be more satisfied with it. I also considered the SV650S and a used Kawi Z 750. I like everything about the bike, the design, the riding position, the engine, etc. What you get for the money is hard to beat.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased a 2007 FZ6 4wk ago and love it. test ride the red one it's faster:D

I disagree :) ... BLUE is much faster !!! ;)

watermark.php

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
It will change you......for the better

One ride on an FZ6 is enough to make a Harley rider sell his bike to get one. I have seen it happen. My boss was the stereotypical "biker". Long hair, leather vest with patches, and the you dont even exist unless you ride a harley, attitude. He said he would never get caught dead on a "crotch rocket". Then i made him ride mine for 2 hours on a trip. 2 months later he sold his harley and bought an FZ. Now that i have told that little story. I'm sure you will be satisfied.:Sport:

W

wrightme43

Hey Ninja250 brotha. LOL
I loved my ninja, but this bike has a much higher build quality, better fit and finish, it is not tech for the sake of tech, but because bikes have improved since 1983, material, design, and constuction have changed.
I cant say that on the ninja board or some people will get all mad. It is a fact though.
I put 8k on my ninja from jul 24th 06 to apr 8th 07
I put 8k+ on my FZ6 from Apr 10th 07 to Jul 21st 07.
I can ride it farther, in more comfort, and be more capable when I get there.
Also take a look at recalls, and problems for Yamaha owners. Check with a few.
I got offended at Kawi when my cam chain tensioner just failed while I was riding, and I had to get a new motor. (Well not had to, the orginal was repairable, time vs. money said it was cheaper and more efficent for me to change motors and sell the bike)

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know when you want to sell your Ninja, a girlfriend of mine is hot to buy one and start biking.

S

sportrider

One ride on an FZ6 is enough to make a Harley rider sell his bike to get one. I have seen it happen. My boss was the stereotypical "biker". Long hair, leather vest with patches, and the you dont even exist unless you ride a harley, attitude. He said he would never get caught dead on a "crotch rocket". Then i made him ride mine for 2 hours on a trip. 2 months later he sold his harley and bought an FZ. Now that i have told that little story. I'm sure you will be satisfied.:Sport:
I sold my Harley!!! it just seemed wrong to only ride it to keep the battery charged!!!
( the red ones are faster, haven't we all finally agreed on this?)

caddydaddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Ninja250 brotha. LOL
I loved my ninja, but this bike has a much higher build quality, better fit and finish, it is not tech for the sake of tech, but because bikes have improved since 1983, material, design, and constuction have changed.
I cant say that on the ninja board or some people will get all mad. It is a fact though.
I put 8k on my ninja from jul 24th 06 to apr 8th 07
I put 8k+ on my FZ6 from Apr 10th 07 to Jul 21st 07.
I can ride it farther, in more comfort, and be more capable when I get there.
Also take a look at recalls, and problems for Yamaha owners. Check with a few.
I got offended at Kawi when my cam chain tensioner just failed while I was riding, and I had to get a new motor. (Well not had to, the orginal was repairable, time vs. money said it was cheaper and more efficent for me to change motors and sell the bike)

Awesome! I can't wait to test ride one. I know the Ninja 250 isn't the greatest bike ever, but for $3,000 new, it's an an awesome bike to learn on or just to beat on!

S

sportrider

I'd keep both bikes kinda wish I still had the sporty sometimes!
it would have looked so good mounted up on the wall!!!lol

W

wrightme43

I miss my ninja, I wish I still had it, I will get another one for the gap, and track days.