Track days rock!!

C

CombatPenguin

Just got back from my first track day with NESBA and I'm hooked. I will say I still have about 1/2 inch chicken strips but I only ran one of my two 20 min runs so I was still getting used to the track (well that my excuse :D ). It was a blast and I'm going back in october for a full day this time not just the free into session. I forgot to tape my spedo up so I kept looking at it only 104 in the straits :disapprove: but I wasn't going to push it my first time. Beside I still needed to ride the bike home for the 3 hour trip. The CR's rocked and the one who had me following him was a great help to show me the proper line and that alone helped my cornering speeds go up. Here's a few pics.

My Motorcycles

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny I have a blue fz and a blue gz250...

I have been thinking about doing a track day myself? sounds like a good time for sure.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats and glad that you enjoyed it, why did you only run 1 session? time to hit the gym and prepare for the full day! I was killed after a full day of riding...

C

CombatPenguin

I only got two 20 min sessions, I did the free intro and it was raining for the second session and I didn't trust myself on the wet track yet (I had to ride the bike home still). I'm getting a trailier and will go back in October for a full day this time.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you had a great time! Keep going back and you'll get better and better very quickly. Well done!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Atta boy! Keep it up and before you know it you will be dragging the peg feelers and then using those knee pucks on your leathers. Great to see the quality riding gear. Plus all that track time will make you a much better street rider too.
Hey what the heck is that wild bike with the Zebra paint job in the picture?

C

CombatPenguin

The zebra bike is an older suzuki hyabusa. The driver's name was Adam he was a very helpful guy. I heard his chain broke near the end of the day on the front straight. Out of the four guys next to me one crashed one broke a front sprocket and then one chain broke.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!!

I don't know much about track days...whay do they have you tape all that stuff....lights...signals...etc?

Thanks for sharing..

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
The mirrors,all lights are taped as not to distract other riders and to keep you from using your mirrors. No need to look behind on a track-stay focused on what you are doing. Everyone no matter what riding skill can benfit for time on a track.

I think the best are riding schools where it is more structured and envolves classroom instruction and teachers out on the track with the students. Google up Keith Code or Reg Pridmore and read about their schools. I have done Reg's school at Infineon with both my FJR and the 6. Way cool, may do it again this fall.