Side fairings to make fully faired FZ6

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I've looked at these a lot (tho I too have an 07 so it will be a while) and I cannot decide if i like them.

i mean, if I wanted side fairings, I'd have bought an R6. But then it does streamline it so well...

ah, decisions, decisions.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the lower fairing. And I have gotten used to what it looks like on my bike. I took the fairings off when I took the bike on the 20000 km service. Now I'll have to install them again but at least I can write a how-to story while at it.

Here's a pic what it looks like:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I dunno....I think the FZ6 loses some of its character with the lower fairings installed. Yes, it looks great, but somehow....generic?
The "naked" FZ6 has a unique look that catches the eye.
Just my humble opinion. :)

W

wrightme43

Thats what they are for. LOL
You can put on body work and have a full faired machine for long travel, and remove body work and have a evil streetfighter around town.
Middle wieght swiss army knife. Sometimes the blade sometimes the saw. LOL

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I've looked at these a lot (tho I too have an 07 so it will be a while) and I cannot decide if i like them.

i mean, if I wanted side fairings, I'd have bought an R6. But then it does streamline it so well...

ah, decisions, decisions.

I agree .. I looked at side fairings aswell but opted for the sub cowling .. best of both worlds and it looks a treat ... well I think so :)

2nd_day_out_003.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i like the lower full fairings, i also don't agree that if you want side fairings, then you should buy an r6. The r6 is a lot different bike than just fairings. As for character, the FZ6 is beautiful with or without fairings, i just like the sleeker design.

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Early this week I spoke to one of the companies that makes aftermarket parts for the FZ6 and they said come May there will be alot more items for the FZ6 on the market, including the side fairings.....he said most of the parts are in the final stages of testing.:Sport:

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Early this week I spoke to one of the companies that makes aftermarket parts for the FZ6 and they said come May there will be alot more items for the FZ6 on the market, including the side fairings.....he said most of the parts are in the final stages of testing.:Sport:

On really? Most excellent!!! Who said this, can you say?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the lower fairing. And I have gotten used to what it looks like on my bike. I took the fairings off when I took the bike on the 20000 km service. Now I'll have to install them again but at least I can write a how-to story while at it.

Here's a pic what it looks like:
Yes please Bren. I likey them very much.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm confused. Why does this site say:

PLEASE NOTE!
The 2007 Yamaha FZ6 model
has a different fairing than the
2006 model year.
Therefore, the
Lower Part and Radiator Panels
from previous years WILL NOT FIT
the 2007 model.

At present, there is no Lower Part or Radiator Panels available.

Here's the site:
TCP_Aerodynamics - tcp_yamaha - 2007 fz6

I got Claud to fly over there and check them out. He saw this one:
TCP 04-06 Yamaha FZ6 - Lower Part - 96Y020xxx

It says it won't fit the 07' + models, but Blue Brain said they would! Afterall, they came with a SEPERATE set of pieces AND instructions SPECIFICALLY for the '07 models.

Check them out below...

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
attachment.php

It shows that if you take the metal sides off your radiatory thing, you can stick those U things with screws through them. That way, you can put the 'lower cowling' on!

Last edited:

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
if you're doing this for wind protection reasons go for it...

but aesthetically I'd go with the 07 OEM fairings. They look SOOOO much better than any of the <06 stuff. Just another reason I should've held out for the 07, or just buy an R6 lol.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
The price went up! I remember when it was $450 for the lower fairings, but now they're $800! It must be made out of money...

Yeow! They raised the price of EVERYTHING!! It's now $500 for a bellypan! I remember when it was WAY cheaper than that.

Last edited:

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you like them so much lowenranger, I just ordered a set a few days ago and was wondering about the quality and fit.

Bullwinkle