Welcome Back Jonac

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say :welcome: back to Jonna. He has been away in the sunny Falklands (yes funded by us tax payers lol).
Thanks to you and all the guys in your squadron for your service to the Crown and country:UK:.

Nelly

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome home Jonac :rockon:
Do you have any wildlife pics to post, or are you waiting for the next photo competition ;) ?,

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: back. I had to wikipedia "Falklands". Its amazing what one learns from this site. So these islands in the S. Atlantic are being fought over still? Who owns them really?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:uk:............................................................................ and sheep.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: back. I had to wikipedia "Falklands". Its amazing what one learns from this site. So these islands in the S. Atlantic are being fought over still? Who owns them really?

Hi mate, I suppose they still belong to the UK but it's a touchy subject :rolleyes:

Argentina still claim they are theirs but I'm not gonna get all political :thumbup: lets talk bikes :cheer:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome home Jonac :rockon:
Do you have any wildlife pics to post, or are you waiting for the next photo competition ;) ?,

I tried to avoid penguins etc like the plague this year as a challenge :Flash: I took thousands of pics last year and saw (and smelt) enough penguins, seals and sealions to last me a lifetime lol

My challenge failed miserably though after flying low level over a beach and spotting about 1000 of the little beauties :thumbup:

I'm there every year so the novelty is slightly wearing off.... spotted quite a lot of whales on my latest visit though which was amazing... didn't have my camera handy though .... DOH :rolleyes:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back!
JOOC, is the LSL Sir Galahad still on the bottom in Stanley Harbour, or has it been salvaged?
I was on that vessel several times in the late 60's and early 70's during my British Army days, and crossed the Atlantic once in it.
In case anyone's wondering what the British Army was doing on a ship, my unit (15 Field Workshops, REME) was an Airportable Workshop, equipped with lightweight kit for transport by aircraft, so what else would we be transported by, but a ship. :D

More importantly, have you got your FZ6 dusted off yet? :thumbup:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

Yep...the first time the British Army fought a war in the Western Hemisphere since we visited the White House in 1812. :D

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
More importantly, have you got your FZ6 dusted off yet? :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

One track.JC sold his FZ6 back in Feb/March time,he is now riding/holding on to a CBR600RR. :eyebrow:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome home Jonac. I understand the novelty part. When I saw a camel the first time it was pretty cool. After getting stuck in camel traffice jams over and over it got pretty old. They are pretty much smelly, nasty animals.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
More importantly, have you got your FZ6 dusted off yet? :thumbup:

One track.JC sold his FZ6 back in Feb/March time,he is now riding/holding on to a CBR600RR. :eyebrow:[/QUOTE]

WHAT...?!?!? :eek: I did not know that.
Oh well, at least he got another bike and not a mini-van.:D

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the kind words... Its great to be home..

In true Brit fashion though I took the dust cover off the bike closed the garage door, got 5 mins down the road then got drenched !!!!!

Good old British weather :uk: