gonna go naked, what do i need?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a simple question:

will I absolutely NEED to buy a mounting bracket for some kind of headlight assembly? is there no way to keep the stock lights on there somehow while removing the fairing??

I can't go naked unless I can somehow keep the stock lights SOMEHOW ANYHOW ANYWAY. Maybe if i build some kind of a custom bracket for it? is it possible?

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Most modern faired bikes seem to have the lights bolted to the frame and the fairing bolted to the lights, so it should be possible to take the whole lot off, sepparate the fairing from the lights, then re-bolt the lights back onto the frame as they are. The wiring may look a bit messy though and you'll have to relocate your indicators somewhere.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
You can do it but it`ll look super ugly. Keep your fairing if you want to keep the lights is my advice.

This is what it would look like:

2371888549_8b8689a0ec_b.jpg

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that does look a bit odd, i have those HID bulbs i spent a fortune on i dont want to not use them and im a bit poor atm too dont want to buy lights and brackets till next year

guess ill wait, cheers mate

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well im naked now

but the bike is still fully faired. what is the cheapesy way of going naked? how much will it cost BARE (teehee) minimum no frills?? ballpark figure i mean...

what do i need...mounting bracket? headlight? any headlight? im clueless i know....

W

wrightme43

It will sorta depend on what you want.

You can get a cheap ass headlamp assemley with rubber straps on ebay for 70$, cheap velcro strap bar mirrors for 13$ each and cheap signals for 19.99$

You could sell your front fairing and lights and make a profit.

It depends on what you want man.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well to simplify my question...

is it possible to get a universal headlight and headlight mounting system? would that be the cheapest way to go?

or does this need to be fz6 specific and therefore more expensive?

corybusa

Reaction score
Visit site
if you decide to go naked and want to sell the signals, mirrors, cluster, or hardware (nuts bolts etc.) i`m interested and in ontario, canada. i`m trying to restore one which had a fall. thanks, cory

adumb

Reaction score
Visit site
on that pic that was posted what kind of gauge cluster is that... does it have all the signals for the bike like low fuel, oil, rev's, etc etc. plus where can ya get it.

adumb

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want the factory looks of the Euro FZ6N bikes, order this kit:

Burlington Yamaha | FZ1N & FZ6N Headlight Kit

Good luck!!

that seems like half a forturne for just a headlight... 700+ damn.... that is just outta control.... no idea where just the speedo part is from though. i would like to see how much that is cause i probably could get a light pretty easily... also gotta try to find another pigtail so i can set it up so it is just plug and play. i would rather splice the wires into a used harness so that if i want to switch back it would just as simple as unclipping the connections.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
ive also been looking for conversion kits but everything thats under $500 is "for offroad use only", i.e. the headlight bulbs are like 20 watts instead of 55.