Adjusting clutch and brake pedals

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
How hard is it to change the height of the clutch and brake pedals? (not the levers on the handlebars) I find them both very high and I'd like to lower them a bit.

S

sportrider

it's an easy linkage adjustment, there is a jam nut that holds the linkage in place loosenit and adjust your brake and shifter where you want then tighten the jam nuts and your good to go. :thumbup:

Jake

Reaction score
Visit site
I've adjusted my shifter to the lowest setting and still find it too high. It's better than it was previously though. I still find myself lifting my whole foot slightly to downshift. Not ideal but I'm not into buying some aftermarket sets. I'm sure you can find some out there though.

Jake

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
When I first brought the FZ6 home from the dealership, all of the foot controls were very high for me as well. I tried adjusting it with the push/pull rod for the shifter side.Just loosen both locknuts and rotate it. I ended up moving that thing like an inch lower. As for the brake side, adjustment is similar except theres only one locknut. I adjusted it to the limits and it was still too high for me, so what i ended up doing was removing the brake lever (very simple and easy to do) and rotated it down a notch. Now this misaligns the mark on the lever and on the shaft, but having it this way fits me perfectly. Could this be a mistake from the factory? I dunno, but it works.