Alpinestars Effex Gore-Tex Boots

Harley_Dog

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any comments or experience with these boots Alpinestars Effex Gore-Tex Boots - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com. I'm looking for a nice pair to wear while commuting to work. These appear capable of doing th job. I did find a few comments about a large toe box. I'm concerned that it may interfere with shifting - can anyone comment on this?

Any other suggestion for a decent slip-on mid-calf style boot would be appreciated.

thanks
H

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been wearing a pair of Frey Daytona Roadstar GTX Goretex boots since 2002. They are expensive (I paid $350 at a local shop) but are extremely good boots. I bought them and paid the bucks because they came in wide sizes. I could not find another boot that fit my feet. I do not regret spending the money since they have held up so good.

They are very comfortable in temps from 45 to 100 degrees, and completely waterproof. They required no breakin to get comfortable. If you do a google search for these boots you will find nothing but praise, except for the price.

They have held up well for about 25000 miles. The soles are getting worn down. I may look into getting the re-soled. Part of the reason the soles get worn down is because I have walked a lot in the boots a lot due to the comfort level.

Highly recomended.

Here's a link to the only place I could find the boots online: Daytona Road Star GTX

John

Last edited:

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know about the Effex, but I've been using the Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots for about 8 months, daily use, and love them. Comfortable, come on and off easily, good water resistance. My previous pair of Alpinestar boots were similar (don't remember which ones) and lasted for 2 years of daily use.

Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Alpinestars Web Gore-tex boots. They have been EXCELLENT. Very comfortable and 100% waterproof. I wear them every time I ride, they are more then comfortable enough to do some walking in if needed. I have had a problem with one of the soles, it seems to be wearing faster then the other. I plan to replace them when they wear out with another pair of the same. :thumbup: