Power Commander?

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this a good mod for the FZ6? Would the benefit outweigh the cost? I am considering getting one and running the stock exhaust at first. Then altering the exhaust and intake filter later. THX, Grumpy

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted your same question. Probably why you've had no responses! Anyways, I just put on my PC and the first thing I noticed is a smoother idle after complete warm-up and also a quicker throttle response. Haven't done a test ride yet cause like I said, I JUST put it on. From what I have read and heard a PC is nice if you like to be able to make your own adjustments (assuming your looking at getting the PCIII and not the PC-EX) and overall better performance in all ranges.
If you decide to get a PC, make sure they have your mod maps available. Not all combos are available like mine. I have a stock air box with Two Bros slip-on which they didn't have the map for. I decided to go with the stock air box with the Leo Vince slip-on map because both pipes get rid of the cat converter, also another thing for you to look at. Because they don't maps for me, I will most likely get a dyno/tune done specifically for my bike. Haven't found a place yet but I'm still looking.
Hope this helps with your questions!

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I went to the local dealer to ask about mods for my FZ. They were not very helpful. A co-worker has a line on R6 parts and I'm thinking of putting an R6 swingarm and shock set up on mine. But they, the bike shop, tell me it can't be done. I would like to lower mine as I am inseam challenged and would like to reach the ground with both feet at the same time. There is a lowering kit for this as well. It doesn't cost much, $65, and will give me 2-4 inches of lowering. See you in the Forum, and Thanks again, GRUMPY