Shoop News from WV

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been active on here. I've been checking in but not posting much.

A lot of things have been happening in my life, so here's an update.

First, I'm a GRANDFATHER!!! My son Ryan and his wife :) had a daughter, Hannah, in September. They live in NJ, not far from the in-laws, but too far away from us in WV.

Hannah Superbowl.jpg

Next, I'm changing jobs. Actually I will be taking early retirement from my present job as an in-house environmental regulatory consultant and will be working as an analytical chemist for a different company - but at the same facility. I will not miss all the 'discussions' with attorneys. I am really looking forward to getting back to the career that I suspended while I did the environmental stuff. I was getting frustrated and depressed about the old job. Well perhaps "depressed" isn't the right word since a friend laughed at me and told me that I didn't even know what that state of mind looked like. She might have been right but I was not enjoying life and I even found myself avoiding opportunities to go riding.

Son # 2 is getting married in June. He / they live in AR now but the wedding will be in / near the Poconos where they eventually plan to relocate. Nice roads there, but I've received wifely words of caution to leave the bike(s) at home.

My daughter has finished her masters at San Diego State and has moved to Houston. This removes one incentive for my visiting SoCal and riding with Cliff - but I'll come up with another reason before long. After all, I'm partially retired.

Motorcycle news :Sport:

I posted on here somewhere back in August that I added a Yamaha 2016 FJR1300 to the garage.

Jackie16.jpg

I had her out for quite a few twisty rides, but only for one long trip - an overnighter to my hometown in PA. But I'm planning to go (with the wife!) to a motorcycle rally in Bristol VA this June, where we'll be riding a lot of nice mountainous roads.

And then, in December I lost my mind for a bit when a really good deal popped up, and I bought a dirt bike. 2005 WR450F - converted to be street legal.

2005 WR450F.jpg

Yes, I like blue bikes...

I haven't owned a dirt bike in 40 years. The carb was all messed up from having sat for 2 years. I think I have it running fairly well and I've gotten tags on it and managed to balance the wheels. It took almost a pound of brass weights. I'm looking forward to better weather so that my neighbor - who talked me into it, will soon be showing me all those great gravel roads and logging trails that he's been wanting to get back to.

The FZ6 is still my favorite bike - ever! It's the one that I use to get to work and that I pull out to take a quick spin to the twisties.

Chris

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All sounds good on the work and family fronts-congrats on joining the grandparent ranks. As we all get a little wiser and older the prospect of doing things we want to rather than need to seems to be a higher priority.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll try to keep those roads warm for you Chris, although it's been a while since I've done a ride with our local Hoonigans.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll try to keep those roads warm for you Chris, although it's been a while since I've done a ride with our local Hoonigans.

To you and Chris....
The fam will be in CA the first week of August. Maybe, just maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk