Headlight mod--another alternative.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I started to pull the airbox, battery, etc. I thought there must be an easier way that can be almost as clean in the end. I pulled the switch assembly appart and there was the green wire. I soaped up a wire and fed it through the factory rubber loom to the point where it is split open near the tripple tree. I routed it along the factory loom to the bulb and made the standard connection there. Then I soldered the wire to the green wire on the back of the switch. Reassembled and done. I have a pic of the finish, but didn't take any during the process as I was at work.

Pic shows the black wire exiting the factory loom.

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
I did almost the same. The pickup point is marked with the arrow.

The process took 20 minutes instead of hours.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I did almost the same. The pickup point is marked with the arrow.

The process took 20 minutes instead of hours.

This probably took a little longer than that, but I also pulled the seat, tank and almost the airbox and had to put that back together.

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing is with doing it that way is that your low beam filiment in your right hand side bulb will still be on when you turn on your high beams. 2 filiments on at the same time in one bulf = lots of heat. you can fix this buy installing a automotive light relay (5$) in the lighting circuit. this is what I did.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/3316-duel-headlight-mod-help.html