Is this a good deal

Statecowboy

Reaction score
Visit site
$3800 for an '05 FZ6 with 3800 miles. Guy says he's only ridden it 10 times or so and needs to sell fast. He says no damage and in great shape internally and externally. I'm taking a buddy up this weekend to have a look, what do you guys think?

This would be my first street bike, I'm pretty knew to the whole thing, what should I look for? The guy I'm bringing should know more than me, but it would be nice to be prepped.

Davop

Reaction score
Visit site
To say he only rode it 10 times and it has 3800 miles on it seems an odd thing. He averaged 380 miles per ride? Or is he not the original owner? If it's legit, it would be a great deal. Ask for any service records. That would help to confirm the milage. Good Luck! hope it works out for you.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
$3800 for an '05 FZ6 with 3800 miles. Guy says he's only ridden it 10 times or so and needs to sell fast. He says no damage and in great shape internally and externally. I'm taking a buddy up this weekend to have a look, what do you guys think?

quote]

Welcome to the forum by the way. If the guys desperate, maybe you can get him down to $3500. $3800 seems reasonable to me. I've included a link below so you can see what everyone has paid for their FZ6's, new and used.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby/303-how-much-did-you-spend-your-fz6-7200-a.html

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a good deal, but as already mentioned, try to haggle, the worst thing that happens is that you get it for cheaper!!!

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
I would be asking why has he only ridden such a great bike only ten times and why does he need to depart with it so quick??? If its all above board and he is desperate to get rid, haggle the price down you got nothing to lose ;)

D

Deleted member 2349

I paid 4k for 6100 miles on my 05. At least I knew it was being used. +1 on getting any info on service you can... I would plan on new Battery at the bare minimum. I also had a shop check the fluids and adjust chain slack, idle speed, and clutch/throttle free play. Plus a new batt. Good luck with it and go as low as you can...LIMBO!!.

S

sportrider

sounds like a good deal to me. if you buy it, change the oil just in case the first service was skipped.