Got my bike about three weeks ago

KFu

KFU
Reaction score
www.thekungfuacademy.com
I just got a brand new 2007 Candy Apply Red Yamaha FZ6 about three weeks ago and have already put about 600 miles on it. The only time I don't ride it is if it's going to rain.

This is my third bike...but it's my first one in over 10 years! It's also my first brand new bike.

I don't think I could have made a better choice for the price. I sat on a whole bunch of different bikes at the show room and fell in love with it. I even tried the FZ1, but just really liked the FZ6.

I have to drop it off in one day to have the first scheduled maintenance done and will miss it. Good thing though is that it's supposed to rain for the next few days so it won't be so bad.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new bike! Good thing that you're taking the bike to the first maintenance as it should. The first maintenance is propably the most important one. :thumbup:

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome choice getting the faster red one.

They are very fun, very reliable, and they are very expensive if you decide to mod them....

Great choice. :Sport:

KFu

KFU
Reaction score
www.thekungfuacademy.com
Mod them...

Awesome choice getting the faster red one.

They are very fun, very reliable, and they are very expensive if you decide to mod them....

Great choice. :Sport:

I have been thinking about doing something to make the bike stand out from stock...the only problem I have is that I really like everything about the stock look.

Anyway, I am not seeing alot of add on or changeable parts specifically for this bike...other than the few things Yamaha has put out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

KFu

KFU
Reaction score
www.thekungfuacademy.com
Thank you

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new bike! Good thing that you're taking the bike to the first maintenance as it should. The first maintenance is propably the most important one. :thumbup:

Thank you for the Welcome...I agree that the first maintenance is probably the most important...it just hurts (sniffle, sniffle) to have to give the bike up for a few days (my dealer has such a big backlog that they can't get it done in the same day).

Anyway...thanks again for the welcome!:p

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
You are correct in thinking that this is not an easy bike to mod. It is not. It will be expensive and in some cases difficult and time-consuming.

It is worth it. For the most part, you can find some great stuff online. Try taking a look at bonemans fazed page to see his FZ.

I'm not sure if it is the same where you live, but where I live, there are a million true sportbikes on the road and only one FZ6--and I'm the one riding it. You do stand out, without even knowing it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are correct in thinking that this is not an easy bike to mod. It is not. It will be expensive and in some cases difficult and time-consuming.

It is worth it. For the most part, you can find some great stuff online. Try taking a look at bonemans fazed page to see his FZ.

I'm not sure if it is the same where you live, but where I live, there are a million true sportbikes on the road and only one FZ6--and I'm the one riding it. You do stand out, without even knowing it.
amen...........