Covered Bridge in Southern MO

W

wrightme43

Rode up/over to visit my Aunt, and Cousins in Cape Girauerdo (sp?) Fruitland, and Jackson MO.

Lots and lots of gravel. I came the closest I have ever came to wrecking. Outside of a sharp turn on gravel, huge and I mean huge pile of soft gravel. I didnt know it was there, got off in it, and the bike started to wallow, and wander bad. All I could do was go real light on the bars, push on the pegs and let it work around under me. It was scary. It came thru ok.
Also experinced for the first time losing traction on the rear tire, under hard acceleration leaned way over. Pretty damn scary as well.

600 miles trip. Lots of fun. Very very hot, kept having to stop and soak my jacket, it would dry in about 30 minutes and back to boiling heat again. I got to the point where I was pouring a bottle of water on the jacket when I stopped and letting it lay on the ground, while I filled it up again. Gear up, and then spray it into my jacket again soaking my shirt and stuff as well. Hop on the bike dripping wet and ride on again. LOL

_fz6coveredbridgeMO009.jpg

_fz6coveredbridgeMO008.jpg

_fz6coveredbridgeMO006.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading your thread, the final picture is refreshing! Maybe it's time for you to get that evaporative cooling vest. It does work, amazingly well.

Vegasrider

W

wrightme43

Yes I need to order the evap cooling vest. I want one. I need to sell one of my kidneys or something though. I have way to many bills and not enough money. I might have to go back to pimping myself out to old ladies again. I a sad thing. LOL

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.....make sure you post some pics from your lovely customers....Yes, we are all broke, I know the feeling.