Exhaust

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

After my recent purchase of an '07 FZ6, I've decided to do a little work to it. Just so you all know, I bought the FASTER red one. It was love at first sight, and I can't imagine life without it. Well, I can, but who wants to?

So far, I've put front flush LED mount turn signals on it and done the dual headlight mod, as well as a few other really minor things, such as a synth oil change and adjusting the levers and angles. I just ordered new sprockets and a speedo healer, which will go on the bike in about a week or so. I'm also in the process of making my own FE kit, with help from a friend.

I plan on getting a two brothers exhaust later this fall, so I'm not too worried about screwing up the exhaust. I do want it to sound louder, though, so I'm thinking about drilling it. Anyone have any good experience with this? Bad experience? Any experience?

Also, has anyone tried tinting their stock windscreen?

W

wrightme43

The drilling has been done, if you try a search you should be able to find that on here.
The tint if I remember correctly does not stick right to the plastic.
You can paint it if you prep it properly, I dont know what the longevity of the paint is though.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a post in here somewhere about drilling out the stock muffler you just have to look for it. From what I can tell people have had mixed results but if your going to replace your's anyway, give it a shot.

As for red being faster I'll just say this,

Black may be beautiful, Red may be grand but BLUE is still the color of the fast bike man.:D

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
The drilling has been done, if you try a search you should be able to find that on here.
The tint if I remember correctly does not stick right to the plastic.
You can paint it if you prep it properly, I dont know what the longevity of the paint is though.

I've read all the posts on here and SBN about the exhaust and mixed results is what I found, i just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it personally and would/would not recommend.

What's the procedure on painting? would it be discussed on SBN, i haven't found it here.

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
As for red being faster I'll just say this,

Black may be beautiful, Red may be grand but BLUE is still the color of the fast bike man.:D

Then why doesn't suzuki sell more gixxers in blue? eh?

It has been number one for a long time, you know....

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I tried to go the tint route by taking the stock screen into an auto FX store to see if they could tinit it. Turns out, the tints only adhere to glass and not plastics. The store owner said he could be tinting hundreds of motorcycle screens if only the tinting worked on plastic!

So I went with the PUIG windscreen in Dark Smoke! Best purchase I've made to improve the overall look and flow of the bike!

DSCF1758.JPG

More info and pics here: Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: PUIG Windscreen

If you stil want to go the painting route, just use some mineral spirits (paint thinner) on the inside of the screen and give it a good clean. Then jsut apply several light coats to the INSIDE of the screen. This way it will show nice and smooth and it wont get chipped or scratched from debris and bugs hitting the outside!

Last edited:

Chico

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

After my recent purchase of an '07 FZ6, I've decided to do a little work to it. Just so you all know, I bought the FASTER red one. It was love at first sight, and I can't imagine life without it. Well, I can, but who wants to?

So far, I've put front flush LED mount turn signals on it and done the dual headlight mod, as well as a few other really minor things, such as a synth oil change and adjusting the levers and angles. I just ordered new sprockets and a speedo healer, which will go on the bike in about a week or so. I'm also in the process of making my own FE kit, with help from a friend.

I plan on getting a two brothers exhaust later this fall, so I'm not too worried about screwing up the exhaust. I do want it to sound louder, though, so I'm thinking about drilling it. Anyone have any good experience with this? Bad experience? Any experience?

Also, has anyone tried tinting their stock windscreen?

Where did you fing the Flush mount LED turn signals? Do you have any pics?

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you fing the Flush mount LED turn signals? Do you have any pics?

I found the LED flush mounts from my Yamaha dealer. I do NOT recommend them, they leak water and they aren't much help. As soon as my camera starts to work, I will post pictures of all the work to be done.

I really recommend the Watsen LED lights that Boneman used, you can find them here.

Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: LED Flush Mount Blinkers

They are in almost the same place where he put his too! Woo go me!

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to go the tint route by taking the stock screen into an auto FX store to see if they could tinit it. Turns out, the tints only adhere to glass and not plastics. The store owner said he could be tinting hundreds of motorcycle screens if only the tinting worked on plastic!

So I went with the PUIG windscreen in Dark Smoke! Best purchase I've made to improve the overall look and flow of the bike!

DSCF1758.JPG

More info and pics here: Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: PUIG Windscreen

If you stil want to go the painting route, just use some mineral spirits (paint thinner) on the inside of the screen and give it a good clean. Then jsut apply several light coats to the INSIDE of the screen. This way it will show nice and smooth and it wont get chipped or scratched from debris and bugs hitting the outside!

I also went to the auto parts store, I there found some static based tint that matches the red of the bike. I haven't decided on this yet as it would cost ten bucks, and I'm not sure how the static would stand up to the wind. Something tells me that since it's only ten bucks, probably not very well.

Until I have the spare cash to buy the PUIG windscreen, I will probably paint mine. My main concern at the moment is performance, not paint. Although, my FZ won't be red for very long!!!