2007 S2 Fairings in the UK?

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone bought the side fairings in the UK for a 2007 FZ6 Fazer S2? I'm thinking about getting some and wondering how much more weather protection they offer? It would also be useful to get some idea of price, since I can also go back to the dealers who gave me a 10% discount card to buy them, if buying them elsewhere isn't any cheaper.

Cheers,

Pete

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Fast blue one", has them...

picture.php

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very nice, do they offer much more in the way of protection? and how much were they? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth me buying them.

Cheers

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just checked on price. £379 inc vat for the lava red ones for my bike. I'll get 10% off that by buying them from the dealership I bought my bike from anyway. All I need to know now is - how much more protection do they offer over not having them?

Cheers,

Pete

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They do offer a reasonable amount of protection but not a massive amount. The trouble is I did 600 miles without them and 2000 with them and can't remember too much of what it was like without them .
But I do like the look of them though.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just dropped an order in for mine and paid for them. I also bought the genuine Yam frame protectors at the same time (saved me a fairing and broken leg in the past). Cost me £424 all in after the 10% discount I got from the dealer. Should be here mid-next week.

I'll drop a pic of before and after in. I'll also try give some feedback on any difference I preceive if anyone's interested.

Cheers
:Sport: << it's a fast lava red one :rockon:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just heard from the dealers today, Yamaha have cancelled my frame crash protectors. The reason appears to be that Yamaha no longer make/supply them. Seems rather strange, but it appears to be true.

The dealer is looking around for another manufacturer, but while they do, does anyone know of any frame crash protectors which would not involve drilling or cutting the fairing lowers?

Cheers

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they are SOOOO nice!!!

I want them badly and as soon as i have enough $ I will be getting them... After all my other mods that is

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll get mine on this coming Saturday. Hopefully the dealer might have found another source of protectors by then. Just find it odd that Yamaha should just withdraw the protectors on such a new bike. Maybe they didn't work that well?

:confused:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll get mine on this coming Saturday. Hopefully the dealer might have found another source of protectors by then. Just find it odd that Yamaha should just withdraw the protectors on such a new bike. Maybe they didn't work that well?

:confused:

Keep us posted!!!

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
According to Yamaha's site their sliders don't fit when the lower fairings are fitted. :wtf:

Looks like Yamaha figure they'll sell more lowers if they don't make sliders that can be used. I'll have to start digging round and try find some that don't involve me cutting the lowers up.

gordy

Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:
I've just heard from the dealers today, Yamaha have cancelled my frame crash protectors. The reason appears to be that Yamaha no longer make/supply them. Seems rather strange, but it appears to be true.

The dealer is looking around for another manufacturer, but while they do, does anyone know of any frame crash protectors which would not involve drilling or cutting the fairing lowers?

Cheers

hi,i have r&g protectors on my s2,no drilliing,20mins.fitted!:thumbup:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
They'll arrive this week and get fitted Saturday :rockon: I'll do some before and after pics

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers

I don't know where in UK you are but Metropolis in Greenwich has a fully faired fazer on a 57 plate with R&G protectors. Th protectors are cut but if you are anywhere nearby you could look and see the effect.

It might be worth ringing round some of the bigger dealers like George White or Alf England to see if they have anything left in stock although I doubt they will. It would also be interesting to find out why they have been discontinued. I suspect the arm may affect their performance.