Meta meta meta

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i have a lifeless bike in the Garage, after the alarm decided tuesday night to just suck all the life from my trusted steed, first i thought the fob had run out of batteries, So £8 later, still no Bleep Bleep. then i tryed the manual overide which just set the alarm off, now i have a back light on my speedo but no display, no indicators and when i can get the alarm to activate. the de-activation is 4 fast bleeps...

Battery is fully charged, and the starter motor turns over, and i have side lights etc,

Now it says in the "poor excuse" for instuctions that this four fast bleeps maybe the internal battery, but i dont understand how the alarm has disabled my ignition system :confused::confused::confused:

I really dont like being without my bike, i feel a part of me has been severed... so has anyone got a magic wand to wave in the direction of poole, to relieve my dam suffering... :eyebrow:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried to disconnect the motorcycle battery and re-connect? Is that the battery that is dead? If it is the immobiliser that would disconnect the ignition I Think..... any other ideas out there?

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
no joy :( will leave it for a few hours, then try again. then ill dig in and get to the fuse box

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
This happened to me last year and if i remember correctly I had to shut the alarm off with the little key to stop it from ringing.Then you'll have to dig out your alarm owners manual and go through the steps of reseting the alarm. its not a long process just a button combo on a the viper alarm I have.

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
If you really need to get somewhere you can still drive your bike if you shut the noise from the alarm off with the little key. I will pm you the details I don't really want it to become public knowledge.

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
meta alarm turned out to be a plug and play version, and it was just tripping out a fuse :(

shame SOS bike recovery are a bunch of cowboys AVOID these helpless freaks at all costs ;)

So with the meta unit off at the menders and my bike back up and running with a bit more bike savy under my belt

happy days...

just a MOT to go :thumbup:

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers, i was really starting to loose it, havent had to drive a car for so long in years, really dont like traffic anymore..:thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Meta alarm but I never got the manual with it. Do you know of an internet source that I can get a manual? Its the Meta upgrade one... (DefCom 3).

When you got your alarm, how many fobs were you given? Charles Hurst only gave me one and I never received a manual so I dont know what all these bleeps mean. I set the alarm the other day and the thing gave out a few bleeps in a row after the alarm was set...then the alarm went off. When I disconnected the under seat sensor it was fine. Also, sometimes when I set this alarm and come back to it a few hours later and unset it, it will bleep as normal but the indicators wont flash...its a strange alarm!!