Icon Gear

S

soul2coal

I have the Icon Super Duty jacket, gloves and boots. I am very happy with all their products. I found the jacket ( a textile ) to be very hot on days above 85 degrees. It has two zippered chest vents, but I don't see where they do a thing to keep you cool. But, on the same note, this jacket should be great in the fall/winter months. I thought of also getting a mesh jacket, but I heard that if you are unfortunate enough to crash, the mesh is easily torn, and the armour could fall out. I don't know this to be true, only what I've been told. But back to your original question, in my opion Icon has very good/quality gear. I'm happy with everything I bought. On a side note, I bought my jacket on Ebay with "the buy it now/best offer" auction. Seller had it listed for $200, I offered $150, and he accepted. Just something to keep in the back of your mind. MATT

hamslice01

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the icon military vest and its alright some of the stiching has frayed on the front pocket but other then that its alright

C

CombatPenguin

I have the Icon ARC textile/leather jacket and textile pants. Plus the field armor boots and tarmac 3 gloves and there air frame helmet. I like there gear it fits well not to warm the jacket has a liner that removes on hotter days. The pants fit a little baggy for me but oh well I guess. I give it a :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
among the best gear out there esp their jackets. they fit very well are tailored and stitched to fit and look good without being overly-fashiony

i crashed in my jacket and the stitching is still 100% im still wearing jacket. it is a heavy leather jacket but the 2 vents work so well it cools down super quickly when i start movin.

great gear man.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any opinion (positive or negative) on Icon gear? I'm considering getting one of their jackets, but I'm not sure about the quality and I won't have any way to inspect it before I order.

The item in question: Icon Strongarm II Denim/Leather Jacket

I watched a guy slam into a van at 50 or 60 mph and he slid over the top of it. He hit the ground and slid another 20 feet or so and walked away. His Icon jacket barely had any scratches on it. He did have the expensive leather jacket too, i dont think the cheap mesh one would have done the same thing.

So i guess im tryin to say is i know for a fact the expensive ones hold up.:thumbup:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Great stuff, I only have Icon jackets. The textile one I'm using now is breathable and has badass Punisher skulls on the shoulders... :thumbup:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I like Icon as I've got a few of their products but found that their variety is limited compared to others like Alpinestars or Joe Rocket.

I have the black FIELD ARMOR BOOTS which are absolutely awesome. Semi waterproof, warm, and extremely durable. As far as my riding jacket, I've got the MOTORHEAD in all black. It's comfortable and amazingly very warm in 30 F temps but too freakin' hot for the summer. I have some of the MERC LONG gloves but was a bit disappointed with them. They fit really good when I first put them on, but after riding, the right middle finger on the glove is a bit small. My middle finger is pushing real hard against that part of the glove only. Probably just that one bad glove out of that bunch.

Another thing about Icon is that they are expensive but hey what motorcycle gear isn't nowa days ;)

O

Officerjive

I have the Icon Daytona, and I agree with Soul2Coal, it's hot in the sun. I've never wrecked with it on, but it feels pretty sturdy and tough. And it kept my top half dry last time I got caught in a cold rain. It also looks really cool.

But be careful with the sizing, Icon runs small - I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket in XL, but had to jump up to a XXXL in the Icon.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
New rider but I really like my Icon ARC Textile Jacket and Merc Gloves. I took out the liner on the jacket and opened the vents and it is fine so far up to 80 degrees. Gloves are a good fit so far. Keep in mind ive only used the equipment for a short time, but happy so far.

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about buying one of those Icon Field Armor Vests, and since this is the Icon thread I was wondering if any of you have any feedback to give regarding it. Thanks, Not trying to steal the thread btw just wanted to ask...

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do not have any of their jackets or pants yet but plan to as soon as they become available through Parts Unlimited, I talked to the Icon Rep that was at one of our dealer shows and he said that they dragged a textile jacket down the road with two cinder blocks in it and it showed minimal damage. Only one way to really find out and I don't know about you guys but I don't wanna be the test subject! Also Icon is owned by Parts Unlimited another thing to keep in mind here in the USA is they have real sizing the sizes are 100% on tune with normal clothes. where Alpinestars is a size off... Just another thing to keep in mind