Hello from Rainy England !!!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone out there ...

Just thought I'd say Hello and thanks for an excellent forum ..

I'm a 37 year old search and rescue winchman from Doncaster in the UK .. Happily married to Adrienne with one daughter Hollie (8)

I'm very very new to the world of biking ! passed my test last Friday 13th !! what a day to take my test !! but hey ho ... I PASSED !!! YIPPEE ....

Just ordered myself an 07 plate FZ6 S2... The fastest blue one :)

Not even test driven one so please tell me I have made the right purchase ! , I thouroughly did my research and lots and lots of people told me that this is the bike for me. I hope so I collect it on Thursday.

Did my direct access course on a CBR 500 which was a great bike but looked a little dated, It still made me smile though throughout every minute on it. Can't believe I've waited 37 years to get into this.

Anyhow thats about enough from me ..

I would appreciate any top tips and advice from you experienced bike veterens !

Bye for now JC

Last edited:

Limey

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome from another True Newbie.
Good to see someone from Doncaster area .
I am actually living in Canada and just purchase an 06 faster Blue FZ6 about a week ago .

I am originally from the Askern,Doncaster area so Welcome.

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome! i'm new here too.

you just purchased a great bike. can corner like a champ, plenty of acceleration, and somewhat easy to modify if that's what you're into.

I really enjoy mine, i'm sure you will too.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! The FZ6 is a fine bike but like every bike I've ever ridden it has it's quirks. Nothing bad, just little things you'll get use to. The clutch friction zone comes to mind for one. I don't think you'll find another bike that has the comfort, practicality or the sporty-ness that Yamaha offers with the FZ6 package,especially for it's price point. I think you'll really like the FZ6 when you get it. By the way, good choice on the blue!:Sport:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome, JC! I'm in the same boat you're in (although I waited 47 years!) and have been puttering on mine for two weeks now, absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello again

Hey Limey ... Canada has to be better than Askern :Flash:

Thanks to you all for the posts ... :Sport:

Can't wait til Thursday when hopefully I pick it up ... thats if I can get out of work !!

JC

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome, JC! I'm in the same boat you're in (although I waited 47 years!) and have been puttering on mine for two weeks now, absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too.

Is it as good as they all say Botch ? hope so :D

JC

Limey

Reaction score
Visit site
Canada V/S The Pit Town

Yep Canada Sure is better than the old pit town.
but I hear it looks pretty clean there since the old pit closed.

Lots of wide open spaces and mountains with nice twistees( once I am more experienced on the bike)

I waited 43 years for my Fz6 and I am loving it as I am sure you will.

I am sure you can find some nice roads to ride around Kirk smeaton ,norton and the likes to give some thrills on your new ride.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome mate, Hows Donny utd doing these days? FZ6 great bike. I had not ridden for about 4 years before purchasing mine (also with out test ride). Totally excellent. The only thing that took some getting used to was the slightly on of throttle as I had not ridden a bike with fuel injection before. Take it easy on the twisties have a blast.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate, got my FZ6 in May after a break from biking of 20 odd years. It's a great bike, very forgiving, but also once you've got it run in it's more than fast enough to scare the hell out of you.

Be Safe & enjoy :O)

KFu

KFU
Reaction score
www.thekungfuacademy.com
Good choice

I think you made a fantastic choice...although I prefer the "better looking" Candy Apply Red to the "faster" blue...lol.

I also did not test drive my bike before buying, but I now know I made the perfect choice. I have put over 600 miles on my bike in about three weeks and absolutely love it!!!

Be careful though...the bike is a lot faster than you would expect from a 600cc.:Sport:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the posts ...

There's a very very good bike shop in Askern now mate called Premier bikes .. don't know if it was there when you left. Has some very nice ZX6's in stock .. very shiny and green ;) Lots of good bike gear too.

I prefer the look of the FZ6 though
And Blue must be faster than Green :)

Askern is much nicer now the pit has closed. I'll take a spin out there when I get my bike and take some pics for you. Let me know what streets and I'll take you down memory lane :)

Thank you for taking time to read my thread and once again HELLO :rolleyes: