a small tease

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
a small tease (More pics added)

Didn't have a ton of time tonight, but decided it was time to break down the front fairing, and at least get the FZ1N headlight ready for install. I'm still waiting on the fork clamps

After:
bike-new-light.jpg

Before:
bike-2.jpg

Hopefully those clamps are arriving before the end of day Saturday (also when I plan to wire it up).

a few more

Motorcycle_1.jpg

Motorcycle_2.jpg

Motorcycle_3.jpg

Motorcycle_4.jpg

Motorcycle_6.jpg

Motorcycle_7.jpg

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet!!! A second FZ6/1N owner!! :)

It`s going to look sick in all black... can`t wait to see more pics!!

:Sport:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn it, damn it, damn it! My work computer won't let me see the pics so I'm going to have to wait until I get home tonight. Damn it, I can't wait to see it! :thumbup:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet!!! A second FZ6/1N owner!! :)

It`s going to look sick in all black... can`t wait to see more pics!!

:Sport:

There are a couple more out there too. I've been contacted by folks that have seen it on the Burlington Yamaha site and the Yamaha MotoGP contest site. When does something officially become a movement?? :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a couple more out there too. I've been contacted by folks that have seen it on the Burlington Yamaha site and the Yamaha MotoGP contest site. When does something officially become a movement?? :rockon:

Awesome! I think we`re participating in the naked mania that is taking over the US :D

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
With apologies to wavex and everyone else out there that's gone naked, IMO the FZ1N headlight looks the best on a naked FZ6. Holy crap, is that sweet!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
hey don`t apologize :) I agree with you!

I love my headlight because it just makes the bike original and aggressive, the FZ1 headlight looks amazing, but it looks too close from the stock FZ6N for me... if I wanted something like that, I would have gotten an FZ6N headlight from the beginning :)

Anyway... MORE PICS OP PLZ!!! :D

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
I wired this bad boy up today! Sadly the clamps aren't going to be in until next week. Same with the mirrors, and mirror adapters. UGH!

You asked for more, so I snapped a couple

beam-bike.jpg

running-lights.jpg

If it gets nice outside tomorrow, Ill be taking some more shots (better shots as well). I really need those mirrors, however, as I can't ride (legally) without them, and I am dying to shoot her at this old carpet-factory. I love old early 1900 industrial settings.

I think this headlight has the resemblance of the old decepticon symbol from transformers
transformers_decepticon_insignia_1600x1200.jpg"

Very, VERY, happy with this change

Last edited:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
looks cool:thumbup::rockon:

And you're right about the transformers logo :D but it still looks very cool

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
The bike looks sweet Matt! :rockon: Where did you order the clamps from? How did you mount the signals up by the headlight?

the fork clamps are on their way from Flyncycle.com deluxe fork mounts, with 41mm rubber inserts, which i'll have to cut to fit the 43mm forks on the fz6.

The signals mount right into the plastic that connects the headlight to its mounting bracket. Stock fz6 signals fit in perfectly, with zero modification. I May rewire them, as the fz1n plug doesn't provide for the turns to be running lights as well, but I'm waiting for mirrors first (also from flyncycle). The mirrors have turn signals as well, and I'll most likely set them up as running lights (can never be too well lit), so I'ld do both mods at the same time.

Other future plans:
clear front turn signals
smoked tail
either paint the rearsets black, or rizoma rearsets in black
passenger pegs painted black
radiator shrouds paint black.
two bros carbon fiber slipon / tb fender elim (comes with clear turns for the rear)
frame sliders