Track day question?

C

CombatPenguin

Ok so I signed up on the nesba website and registered for the intro (free) session at Road America. Right now my gear is a textile jacket and textile pants with some short leather gloves. I know that won't pass the inspection so I found a one piece riding suit for $350 (less than what I paid for the jacket alone) also some gloves for $100 the question really is will my riding boots work? Ride Icon or will I just need to get a full new set of gear :rockon:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
In the UK the ACU specification for boot height is 200mm (7.8 inches) but you should check with your local governing body. - How geeky is it that I know that?!?!?

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those should work, or at least, they would work here. Our local track day specifies boots like these with no metal parts (no spark rule). The only thing you'd be missing here is the hard spine protection unless the suit has it built in. I just hope the suit fits and allows you the mobility you want. Typically, you'd want to hit the local shops and try them on AND sit on a bike in the full forward, off the seat, cornering lean before you know it's the one to order.

Lucky you! Gear and a track day?!?!? Nice!!!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Those boots will work for NESBA intro.

There is a NESBA forum (midwest subforum) you can post questions on; the answers you get there will obviously be on point.

NESBA Bulletin Board

You should also check out the NESBA riders' manual.

http://www.nesba.com/Info/downloads/manual.pdf

Keep in mind, they are going to make you go through tech inspection WITH your gear.

Mid-summer Road America with NESBA for your first track day!!! w00t! That's how I started too....one hell of an experience. All I can say is ride your own ride, don't look back (pay attention to you only), and try to be predictable (ride the race line). The track is super long and fast (4.2 miles)....so make sure you watch some youtube videos to get familiar with the layout before going (I ususally flip between a track map and a track video when learning the layout of a new course).

Oh yeah, I'm "DefyInertia" on the NESBA board as well...

Last edited:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I signed up on the nesba website and registered for the intro (free) session at Road America. Right now my gear is a textile jacket and textile pants with some short leather gloves. I know that won't pass the inspection so I found a one piece riding suit for $350 (less than what I paid for the jacket alone) also some gloves for $100 the question really is will my riding boots work? Ride Icon or will I just need to get a full new set of gear :rockon:

I rented a Teknic suit & Alpinestars boots from them for $76.50 at Road Atlanta last month. You might consider that before going out and buying a bunch of stuff.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As FZ6inNH already said, it will depend on the people running the track day, they all have different rules on how to prep the bike and yourself for a track day.