Motorcycle Jacks - FZ6

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sears has a motorcycle jack on sale every so often for $79.99, and Harbor Freight often has a knockoff much cheaper; they appear to go under the center section of the bike and lift it straight up.
Compatible with the FZ-6? I've seen many "dirt" style bikes have a nice flat steel plate under the central section, but Mr. Fizzer has some shiny pipes that I'm not sure I'd want to lift the whole bike up by (<-- it's okay to end a sentence with two prepositions).
So, can they be used? After spending a few hours installing new cans and an FE on my bike a couple weekends ago, at age just under 50, being able to lift the motorcycle in the air looks really appealing.
And I have an oil change coming up.... ;)

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Honestly not sure where you could place the type of lift your discussing. If it is a question of just raising the bike I think you would be better served with an actual motorcycle lift.

A thought come over me... :rolleyes: grab one of those young lads in your neighborhood and teach them something - supervise. Oil changes ect., you've done that, let the young ones crawl on the ground and get greasy.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. The "young lads" in my neighborhood consistently screw up delivering a newspaper, no way will they be wrenching on my FZ! ;)

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad welded up a bracket for one of his bikes that mounted (rested under the frame in spots and wrapped under and had a bolt in an extra hole on the other side) so he could use the same type of jack.

Im sure you could have a local welder to make you up something similar