interesting tip for budding photographers

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This simple chart shows you how Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO affect your photos - 9GAG

This is very similar to the page that made the whole light, shutter speed and film speed interrelationships, make sense for me when I started to shoot nearly 40 years ago.

I have to say that when I hire a photographer at the Library where I work, its the ones with film knowledge that have the edge on those with a purely digital education. Those that haven't studied or worked with film as part of their career, have "the understanding" and generally an absolute talent for image creation that makes me as green with envy as any image creator can be.
I hope this is of interest
cheers
ade

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
That's actually a pretty good chart.

I used it to some effect shooting this photo to blur the background, although I'm using a Nikon V1 with a little tiny sensor so it doesn't have the effect it would with a full-frame type camera.

On to another point, I think that learning f/stops, shutter speed, and ISO are very important fundamentals. Yet, in my opinion what sets a decent photographer apart from a good one is the use of lighting. That's something I'v always struggled with and really need to work on.

In my opinion, often the difference between a really good shot and a decent shot isn't the subject or even framing, but how creative the artist was with the lighting.