Best Chemical to clean wheels with?

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Car wash and water ... if you need to get the grease off use dish detergent and water you will need to rewax wheel after dish detergent .. My opinion never use wheel cleaners they are way too harsh .. but then again I wash my bike every week so its not that dirty..
Greg A.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone i ride with uses ArmorAll tire shine on the rims and they look great! I use my car wash in a can to clean them along with the rest of the bike...

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone i ride with uses ArmorAll tire shine on the rims and they look great! I use my car wash in a can to clean them along with the rest of the bike...

+1

i use regular armor all on the wheels.it works great. cleans the grime and leaves a shine. just dont get it on the tires.
i also use it on the frame, engine - pretty much anything black. i know it isnt designed for that, but it seems to work really well on the satin paint and makes it really easy to clean next time.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 from Canadian FZ6. I use WD40 to get the chain lube off my rims and wherever else I see spatters. That stuff is sticky and detergent doesn't get it off for me. It comes off so smoothly with WD40. I just clean the chain lube off of everything with WD40 and then wash the bike and start all over with lubing the chain.

I haven't noticed a problem with WD40 on the painted rim yet after 2.8k miles but maybe the guys with more experience can chime in.

B

bluenova

I just use a basic metal polish in a spray can and a cloth, gets everything right off.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple Green, then wash with good old soap and water. I use a piece of cardboard between the sprocket and the wheel when I lube it to keep the lube off the wheel. Then I let the bike sit over night before I ride it. That way the lube can dry on the chain and not fly off as much.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just use brake clean to get off the extra stuff (if i even decide to clean my bike :D) and after that i wash with soap and water. I dont polish my bike or even dry it off after i wash it. I let it dry in the sun and ride it with all its water-spotted glory.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pro Honda Cleaner and Polish. Gets chain fling off with ease and leaves a coating to help prevent stuff from sticking. Been using it for years with excellent results.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys today i was at work and just happend to see some
WD/40. I thought heck let me slip outside real fast and give this a quick try and see how easy this will be. Man that is crazy. I tried some other chemicals before this thread and my cloth kept sticking to the grime on the rim. I sprayed a little WD on the rim and went to wipe the rim and it was crazy as hell one wipe and it came off while leaving a clean shine on the rim. Thanks to all for there ways of doing things. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tip: Spray the rag and not the rim so you don't "grease" the rotors or tires. :D