Grand Canyon West Rim

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pics from Hualipai Indian Reservation's West Rim. Unfortuanatley, there is a stretch of 20 miles of rough gravel, rock, and dirt road so the a streetbike would never make it. So I helicoptered in. Sorry about the photo quality, this was taken from my cell phone. The glass skywalk doesn't allow you to take personal items, like cameras and cell phones so there is no picture of me standing on the piece of glass which is 4000 feet from the top to the bottom.

W

wrightme43

Kick butt man. I only looked at the thumbs. I get to go work now. Thanks for posting, and I look forward to enjoying them this evening.
I bet it was fun.

S

sportrider

awesome pictures!!!! I've only been to the grand canyon once when I was a kid, but to this day I still remember how breathtaking the view is!!!:thumbup:

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been to the Grand Canyon once when I was abot 5 years old. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. One day I'll get back out there and get to spend some time sight seeing without my dad acting like Chevy Chase because he's ready to get back on the road. If you've ever seen the National Lampoons movie "Vacation" that about sums up my experiance at the Grand Canyon. The pics are beautiful.:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope I'm soon comfortable enough on my bike to do some sightseeing from it. I drive a convertible and love looking in all directions from it. Great shots! Glad to know they won't let you take a fr*&$!!ing camera out on the bridge, I think I'll pass... :mad:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That Skywalk is a real rush, just a thin piece of glass and 4000 ft. It's just a matter of time that they will have their first jumper. The protective glass wall that surrounds the skywalk is only about 5 feet high. You would easily be able to climb up onto the hand railing and jump. This is a base jumper's dream.