cost to take off my clothes

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, the bike's clothes anyway :) but as we're one and the same its all the same thing.

what is involved? i have an FZ6S and it doesnt have a light assembly the way the naked's do. what do i have to do to make it end up the way i want it? does it involve a lot of wiring work? does it involve pain-staking work with brackets to mount a headlight?

long question short: is this a big project or something fairly simple?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex aka David has carried out the mods you are talking about. He even posted an exccellent video how to.

I am unable to post the link at work as it contains that word..............................naked.

Do a serch using this and it will come up.

Forum: FZ6 StreetFighter 03-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Replies: 27 FZ1N Naked Headlight Project

Nelly

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers mate~

hey wavex....wanna just trade bikes? would be so much easier for me. thanks in advance. way to serve the fz6 community :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
lol thanks madman! it's probably true too :D

lonesoldier: it is not an "easy" or "quick" task, but it is not hard either. You will need to spend some time searching around for the headlight you want, along with the mirrors and turn signals... you`ll also have to build a custom headlight bracket if it does not come with the headlight... the speedo will need to be mounted somewhere as well :)

Again, look at all the threads of ppl that went naked and it`ll give you an idea... my videos are in my signature below.

Good luck and keep us posted!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
go naked or go home!! loin cloth be damned!!

I am still undecided on whether or not to go naked tho...I do a lot of highway riding and the windscreen and fairing are very much appreciated on those trips. I like the look of the naked bike it is so primal. the fully faired looks very sexy too tho....so i am on the fence a little. the half-fairing is nice but could be better one way or the other the way i see it.

one way or another Im going to go either fully faired by adding more fairings or going naked in the month of august. till then my finances wont allow it..... just trying to get a lay of the land for now...

I think there is an 80% of my going naked in august tho. My highway trips will be very rare in late august and school starts in sept so no highways from then on. Also, the sheer cost of the fairings and such might be too much to go fully clothed. Id love to be able to afford one in each....

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site

I am still undecided on whether or not to go naked tho...I do a lot of highway riding and the windscreen and fairing are very much appreciated on those trips. I like the look of the naked bike it is so primal. the fully faired looks very sexy too tho....so i am on the fence a little. the half-fairing is nice but could be better one way or the other the way i see it.

one way or another Im going to go either fully faired by adding more fairings or going naked in the month of august. till then my finances wont allow it..... just trying to get a lay of the land for now...

I think there is an 80% of my going naked in august tho. My highway trips will be very rare in late august and school starts in sept so no highways from then on. Also, the sheer cost of the fairings and such might be too much to go fully clothed. Id love to be able to afford one in each....

The Interstate is not that bad I just did a 160 mile trip on Sunday at 80/90 mph the whole way I did lay down on my tank bag a couple times but not for very long.Now if I had to do that everyday I would end up putting the fairing back on.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

Just be aware that the full fairing is pretty much useless in terms of wind protection... also, something to consider is that these will most likely be destroyed if you lay the bike down...
Unless you REALLY love the look of it, I would not go that route (+ why would you want to cover that awesome looking frame + engine???)

You did mention that you do quite a lot of highway riding, and for that, the stock fairing helps a little... for very long trips I would definitely recommend to keep the fairing, but if you are talking about the occasional 100-200 miles a day on the highway, then it's no big deal. Last Saturday we did 200 miles on the freeway (+ a few hours in the twisties) and I could have done twice that in a day if necessary.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmmm.....really? I am planning on doing 8-10 hours of riding in a day on the highway that runs through the mountains west of where I live. It will be done once a month until august. Naked will be fine for that? If so, then I think I will strip off the fairings. My front fairing is already cracked from dumping bike once. I dont want to keep replacing fairings. I like the look of the clothed quite a bit, but the fully clothed one a bit more so. engine and such is very sweet tho so I like it half-faired as well. Just looking for a change is all. But I saw the bike naked once when changing some wiring stuff in a shop....man it looked badass.

i think naked will be the way to go if the highway stretches i mentioned wont be uncomfortable.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Bro, 8-10 hours of actual riding will definitely be uncomfortable... with or without the fairing :)

how fast do you ride on that mountain highway you talk about? If it is anything less than 80mph, the wind won`t make any difference in how tired you`ll get... you will get very tired though after so many hours in a day, so be careful... stop often and drink lots of water if it`s during the summer.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh there will be many stops. im going to make a different thread for this tho as it is sufficiently off topic now :thumbup:

p.s. wavex, you are still a god among men.