No more riding dirty!

Federico

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little hesitant to admit it, but I have never received any motorcycle training and I have just been faking it. :shakehead: :spank:

I've logged a few thousand miles without incident and I think I've more it less got the hang of it but I have scheduled my BRC for Monday and Tuesday:D

I really look forward to getting some instruction and feedback and correction. I'll be glad to add motorcycle to my big scary commercial endorsements and stop risking my livelihood every time I go for a ride. :D

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't speak about what it felt like whenever you jumped on your ride and took the risks you did. When I took the BRC course here in NY I really studied a lot. I got into it by reading everything I could get my hands on, watched YouTube vids and took practice test online. Once I hit the class I was in the zone!:rockon: in fact the instructors pulled me aside and told me I had a perfect score for the entire class. Now there are no doubt many riders in this site who can make the same claim, but for me it meant a great to me. So, have a great time and once you're done, breathe the free air brother:cheer:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Never took a BRC, rode for my endorsement, few yrs later took MSRC and SRC, may not have done perfect on the written but I didn't falter on the riding.

You will do fine.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I pretty much learned before taking the BRC too. The three things I learned from the course afterwards were:
1. How to ride over spilled 2x4's,
2. Not to use the front brake at parking-lot speeds, and
3. It's not me, that FZ-6 clutch is very sensitive (the 250 Suzuki I had for the course I didn't stall once!). :cheer: :D

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed it, watched a cpl of SS bikers eat it. The instructors liked the only sport tourer there. Thee was a guy on an MV agusa there as well. Such a hot bike lol

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
The BRC doesn't necessarily teach you things you must do to ride a motorcycle, but it starts to teach you good habits that some day you may find extremely beneficial. :thumbup: Also, don't stop learning, there are many other classes available even to the most experienced rider.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get discouraged on things that you already know when they go over it in class or on the range. The BRC is geared towards riders who have never ridden before, but it is also good for riders such as yourself who may have developed some bad habits along the way, such as looking down. What makes r he BRC so great is you get a wide range of riders with different skill levels. With you, don't be surprised if you find yourself leading the group or taking the skills evaluation first.

My advice, pay attention and listen to your rider coaches instructions. If you are not sure, speak up and ask a question.

Federico

Reaction score
Visit site
Like Lynyrd Skynyrd said, Tuesday's Gone. How'd the BRC go?

It went great! I got 100% on the classroom portion and I missed a single point on the range portion for taking a turn 0.4 seconds too slow. I think my favorite part was practicing on the slalom. I had a 2014 CRF250L and I could throw it around like a BMX bike :D

After getting on and off the seat 1000 times in 10 hours over 2 days it made me appreciate how comfortable the stock seat is on the fz6 though :spank:

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did the MSF safety course last weekend after riding for about a month and was extremely happy I did it. I have been on an 82 XJ750 and the 250cc Suzuki was so much fun to hoss around on!

I aced the written (silly easy) and got 4 off on the road - went 1ft too far on the quick stop and didn't take the turn fast enough. Can't believe I pulled off the figure 8 without losing points ; )

I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had one woman who finished her written exam in like 6 minutes. She was an editor for the Las Vegas Review Journal our local paper so she was a speed reader. Lol on the cornering times, that's where we get most of the riders. Not surprised on both of your results, the curriculum is set up so well that most riders will pass as long as they pay attention!

Use the tools that you just learned and continue to improve on your mental and physical skills since you now know how to apply the proper techniques.

Federico

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely glad I did it. After getting my endorsement added I went out for a pretty decent ride today. I just focused on keeping my head up and looking further ahead and through the curves and it helped make everything a lot smoother.