Great track day (9/1)!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanna say that it feels EXTRA good to come back to the track and do a full day, after crashing out at the previous track event :cheer:

I rode very cautiously (slowly) in 1st session.. especially through the corner where I low-sided. By the end of 3rd session, my lap times matched my best pre-crash numbers.

I was very fortunate to have my fellow MSF rider coach at this event.. who is also a long-time track coach, so he coached me all day and showed me many areas where I need to improve.

Oh and I rode in advanced group all day.. and even made few passes in last session (and was probably passed 100 times throughout the day :rof: )

And an interesting bit for [MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION] : another MSF coach was at this event. He hasn't been the track in 6 years, but last time he rode, he was on the verge of making the bump from "advanced" to "expert".

He recently bought a 2014 Multi and he rode this bike to the track (~100 miles). Stock (adventure) tires and all. Pulled the hard luggage off, taped off the lights and off he went, in advanced group.

By the end of the day, he was kicking my butt (and I'm on a proper 600cc track bike with very sticky tires!). He was scraping pegs and sidestand, but besides that, Multi is incredibly capable in right hands.. and the power.. holy smokes! I'm always at WOT on the straight (where I usually get to high 130's before I begin to roll off for turn 1).. he was blowing past me like I was standing still!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope that MTS won't be too much of a bike for me. I don't think my skills is anywhere near that other RC. What version was that MTS? Pikes Peak?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope that MTS won't be too much of a bike for me. I don't think my skills is anywhere near that other RC. What version was that MTS? Pikes Peak?

I'm positive you'll love it, Kenny. I don't know enough about Multis to know which model it was. Can just tell you that it was all red and had OEM hard cases.