Frame slider question....

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi again folks. Just got some frame sliders delivered, made by Shogun Motorsports. The package did not have any installation instructions, so I hit Google; Shogun didn't appear to have a site/instructions, but I did come up with the two following pieces of advice (from different sources):

1. "Yes, one slider is longer to protect the things that stick out further on the left side of the bike."

2. "Kit includes (2) sliders (right side slider has a 3mm longer aluminum insert into the frame)."

(emphasis mine)

The two sliders I have appear to have equal-lengthed "insert into the frame" portions (they're "NO CUT"), it's only the outside, large diameter portion where one is noticably longer than the other. So, I'm assuming the longer one goes on the left side (as I'm sitting on the bike, with the left handlebar grip), is that correct? Also, the Owner's Manual doesn't list torque values, any idea what these things should be torqued down to?

I'm heading out the door now, business trip to Phoenix (in July..:mad:) but will be back this weekend to install them. Thanks in advance for any help, this place is great! :Flash:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my question is still: is that the left side of the bike as I'm sitting on it? Or as I'm facing it from the front? :confused:

Guess I'll call the dealership for the torque value.

Thanks again!

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a set of Uncaged sliders a few weeks ago (also came with no instructions). The longer one goes on the left side (as you sit on the bike) where the bike parts stick out further. The proper torque is 40 ft-lbs. You can download the service manual on the FZ6 Technical Page in this forum. I did it without a torque wrench at first, but then I broke down and bought one. 40 lb-ft is a lot tighter than I tighened it with my short allen wrench. I didn't want to overdo it because I didn't want to strip anything. When I got the torque wrench, I did it up right.

good luck

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Craig, didn't know about the service manual on the other forum, will get it tonight.
I already had a torque wrench but need some deeper hex drivers, but hey I just remembered I still have a $25 Craftsman gift card from last Christmas, woohoo!
Thanks again, guys.