ARC in Marietta OH

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw a posting on OhioRiders.net that mentioned an ARC will be held 8/9 and also 9/6 in Marietta, OH. $50.

My neighbor said months ago that he'd like to take that. I'm planning to do it unless schedules prohibit. (Wife is having surgery - yet to be scheduled).

Anybody here going to be the instructor?

Chris

Last edited:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Not me, but I'll find out and post it. I imagine it will be Tim and Gil. I did an ARC in Columbus yesterday. We only had 7 students show up out of the 12 that were registered. But, two were FZ6R's. Both represented us well :).

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, Tim and Gil are scheduled to teach it. We were all certified together and both are very capable instructors. They only have 1 person registered. They need at least 6, so sign up and bring some friends. $50 is a bargain, especially if you pick up just 1 thing that prevents a crash. If they don't have 6, they'll cancel the class and refund your money.

Hope this helps.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I was a little concerned when I saw one of the students come in yesterday with a Valentino Rossi t-shirt. Then, in the introductions he said he was riding a 250 Hyosing and I knew we'd be OK. Blah He actually rode it well, but it didn't want to play good when it got hot.

The two on the FZ6R's both did well. The one fellow had only been riding for 5 yrs but rode better than most with much more experience. He had Givi hard bags and was pretty close to touching them on the circles exercise. It was a pleasure to watch. I think everyone was pretty stoked to get rid of their chicken strips :thumbup:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
But I like my chicken strips.

Another guy on ohioriders wanted to be reassured that he'd learn more in ARC. He'd done BRC then BRC2. And didn't feel he gained anything. He has to lose an overtime day to attend the course. Plus ride from cbus to the far southeast.

The instructor, Tim or Zip on OR, did some explanation. I chimed in that my ERC instructor said that ARC should be the next step. SO glad they're having it near me. I'll be talking it up.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
The ARC gives you a couple more tools to add to your belt. Whether you apply them to your riding is up to you. There is also an emphasis put on self-assessment and why we ride the way we do - some like their chicken strips and some, not so much ;)

Enjoy the class if you take it. Zippy is a good one and will make it fun.:thumbup:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
DONE, signed up for the session this weekend. Guess the leaky faucet and the garage excavation will have to wait. Blah

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I need to find another 4 victims, I mean students, to sign up for this.

I KNOW there are people out there on this forum from SE Ohio & nearby.

Come on out Saturday and play! :thumbup:

At this point I'm posting paper at all the local shops and bugging the restaurant that holds a twice-a-month bike night.

Chris

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:(

Cancelled. Guess I'll have to fix that faucet.

I'm still working to get people out for the Sept 6 session, though I can't go (or at least cannot commit to it) because the wife has surgery two days before.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about that. Hopefully there will be more interest next month. Butler Tech in Hamilton is also doing a class that same day in September.