Engine idling speed

mickey3895

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

this is my first post here.Nice forum!!
As i read in the manual for my 2007 fazer S2, the engine idling speed should be between 1250 and 1350 rpm, but on my bike the idling speed ist under 1000 rpm ( on the instrument, i couldn't see exactly, i think 900 rpm).
Only when the engine is cold it works on this 1350 rpm.
My question is:Should i change it, even when the engine is hot, that it works also on this 1350 rpm?:thumbup:

Mickey

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

this is my first post here.Nice forum!!
As i read in the manual for my 2007 fazer S2, the engine idling speed should be between 1250 and 1350 rpm, but on my bike the idling speed ist under 1000 rpm ( on the instrument, i couldn't see exactly, i think 900 rpm).
Only when the engine is cold it works on this 1350 rpm.
My question is:Should i change it, even when the engine is hot, that it works also on this 1350 rpm?:thumbup:

Mickey
Welcome mate,

Change the idle when the engine is warm, it has an automatic choke so the 1350 rpm you see is just that, It will help with pulling away to.

Have a look at this thread, it may give you some additional help.

Nelly

Nelly

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
I found that at about 3500mi my hot idle had dropped to 1000 or slightly below. This caused some issues when dropping from higway speed and coming in on the clutch, the idle would drop low enough to kill the engine. After a day of this, I bumped the idle back up to "around" 1200 and no problems since. I say "around" 1200 because that space between 1000 and 1500 is toooooo close for my old eyes to properly judge LOL.

H

HavBlue

I found that at about 3500mi my hot idle had dropped to 1000 or slightly below. This caused some issues when dropping from higway speed and coming in on the clutch, the idle would drop low enough to kill the engine. After a day of this, I bumped the idle back up to "around" 1200 and no problems since. I say "around" 1200 because that space between 1000 and 1500 is toooooo close for my old eyes to properly judge LOL.

This must be a newer model where they forgot the digital tach right?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
This must be a newer model where they forgot the digital tach right?

I liked the feature the digital tach offered where you could switch the trip meters over to the rpms. Very usefull if you wanted to see a more accurate reading than the lit up bars. The analog on the other hand has the "old school" effect to me. Since everything is going digital analog is starting to become a thing of the past.....

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine either (gauge/needle combo) unless there is the ability to do one of those- "turn key off, stand on your head, turn on key while simultaniously spanking yourself three times while holding down the start button-select-reset button while pressing the horn button with your nose" that lets you switch the rpm over to the speedometer/odometer digital side.